PDA

View Full Version : Air/Fuel guage wiring

Badcarma
04-07-2003, 06:06 AM
OK, I hooked up my Air/Fuel Lunar guage to the black wire just inches off the O2 sensor on the drivers side, but before the plug that is monted to the underbody. When I am at idle or normal driving the guage bounces back and forth in the red and yellow LED's. When I am at WOT, the guage is in the upper green area. This is def. backwards. So whick wire is it? I was sure out of the four it was the black one.:confused:

Thanks!....Scott

L8 APEX
04-07-2003, 06:43 AM
That is exactly what they do. they bounce like crazy all the time except WOT then they should go green or rich.

Badcarma
04-07-2003, 01:20 PM
I thought it should bounce around in the green and yellow, and then at WOT it would sit in the slightly lean/red zone??

Thanks Terry, Scott

Silver_2000
04-07-2003, 01:23 PM
No - Cruising A/F will be 13.5 + then under accel and especially under WOT it gets Richer.. Down to 12 or 11 to 1

Doug

L8 APEX
04-07-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Badcarma
I thought it should bounce around in the green and yellow, and then at WOT it would sit in the slightly lean/red zone??

Thanks Terry, Scott
As much as I hate to say it.. Read the paper that came with the gauge it has a diagram showing the voltage to a/f curve and is very informative. :tu:

Badcarma
04-07-2003, 08:21 PM
My bad....I know now why I was confused. The air fuel gauge on my old viper was opposite of my Guage now:rolleyes: .It was like the bar gragh in the Grand nationals, ran left to right.

Thanks all, Scott