PDA

View Full Version : Important Info

Natetrun
04-17-2003, 08:51 PM
if you guys care anything about your cars. heard if someone wanted your particular car, they can pay someone to get it with no problems through your vin.get alarms and watch it. thats all i know

andy_cain
04-17-2003, 09:14 PM
Can you explain what the hell that means????:confused:

Natetrun
04-17-2003, 09:33 PM
i'll try.
lets pretend , Say i saw your truck. I want your truck. there is someone that can take it with a key made from your vin# for a price. that someone knows someone in the dps. i also get a clean vin#.it's getting easier for people to get vehicles.

cain,

how is your truck making all that rwhp? you have a damn vet eater.

L8 APEX
04-17-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Natetrun
how is your truck making all that rwhp? you have a damn vet eater.
He made a deal with the devil:twitch: It has more in it too:banana:
If anyone wants anythign enough they may get it. Even if they could get a key cut they would still have to get the PATS(Passive Anti Theft System) code which is not on any file only in the PCM. PATS was designed to prevent key copy theft. The cops don't like it when you cover the VIN plate up:nono: Thiefs just steal stuff they don't work that hard for it:rolleyes:

Natetrun
04-17-2003, 09:44 PM
do any good anyways to cover the vin plate up, cause if he knows someone at the dps, he only needs license plate numbers.just watch after your stuff.

so your telling me if he got a copy of a key to my truck he can't steal it? confused.

I want to make a deal with the devil!:D

Silver_2000
04-17-2003, 10:38 PM
A copy of your key only works of the "transponder " in the the key is set to work with the PATS system - It is 2 factor authentication. Pretty cool.

But as was stated if they want it bad enough they get a roll back winch it up and make keys and change pats at thier leisure..

Dont even ask me about how easy it was for thives to take the radio out of one of our members truck.. Truck was locked. No key, nothing broken, didnt go thru the slider. Shocking ...

Doug

andy_cain
04-17-2003, 11:44 PM
With a little changing of jets from the mad scientist (Terry) she should easily put 500RWHP and 650 TQ to the rear.
She is capeable of sub 12 runs in full weight and trim and closer to mid 11 runs with the weight reduction.
She went 11.85 at 116 MPH lifting out at about about 100 feet on a conservative tune with 4# lower and 75 shot...she may soon get a 100 shot.
Here are her mods:

PSP 4# lower pulley
PSP Hi-Flow Filter Kit
PSP 90 MM MAF
PSP 4 way chip
Level 10 Shift Kit W/4X4 deep pan
Denso IT 24’s
Accufab S.B/T.B
Bassani catback exhaust
Bassani Equal Length Short Tube Headers
ACPT Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft
Purple Ice - Intercooler/Radiator
JLP Drive shaft loop
(3) SPAL-7" Intercooler Fans
Electric Fan kit
Cobra R water pump
160 thermostat
NX Express 75 Wet Nitrous kit
PSP billet injection plate
AutoMeter Phantom electric pressure gauge
MT ET Streets 26X11.5X16 mounted on American Racing aluminum rims
American Racing 16X7 front runners
Truck Trak traction bars
Mobil 1 5/30 & ATF

Sound and Electronics:

Valentine One
Kenwood Excelon cd/mp3
Polk Audio 6X8’s F/R
600 watt Profile amp
Alpine MRP-200
MTX Thunderform w/2 10” Treo

Appearance:

Cervinis Ram Air hood
Carriage Works powder coated grills
Snug lid
Wet Okoles
Bed Rug
"02" lights/Rims
Belltech 2" Shackles
Zaino Z-2,5,6,7,9,10,12,16,18,ZFX, Clay Bar
Keyless door mod
Triple gauge pillar pod (water/oil/boost -Auto Meter Phantom Gauges)
Lightning Velour floor mats

486.4 RWHP
621.5 RWTQ

Best ¼ on Motor = 12.261@109.81
Best ¼ = 11.85 @115.23 MPH (75 Shot)
Best 60' = 1.704
:twitch:

wesman
04-18-2003, 05:44 PM
Once I get this POS tranny figured out I may have to make a deal with the devil too.

I know I'm getting gears done soon...torque convertor too....obviously once the damn tranny gets replaced :hammer:

--wes

Natetrun
04-18-2003, 11:32 PM
ahh. on the bottle. have some good parts too. how is that carbon fiber drive shaft? was thinking about eventually getting one of those.

andy_cain
04-18-2003, 11:50 PM
Much adoo about nothing....I haven't had it break, but the weight diff. was not bit about 12 pounds.
Maybe stronger...I always cary the original just in case....seems expensive and no way to measure if it has saved me....:confused:

Natetrun
04-19-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by andy_cain
Much adoo about nothing....I haven't had it break, but the weight diff. was not bit about 12 pounds.
Maybe stronger...I always cary the original just in case....seems expensive and no way to measure if it has saved me....:confused:

gotcha, nevermind on that one