PDA

View Full Version : Newbee with an exhaust ???

woodro
04-19-2003, 12:12 AM
I have decided my first modification to my new-to-me Silver 00 will be exhaust. My question for you fine folks is do you know of a reputable exhaust shop in the DFW area that woks in stainless and can do mandrel bends. There are a couple of good shops in Shreveport where I live but they do neither. Yeah, I know a cat-back would solve the issue but man are they pricey. Low $400's to close to a grand. I'm also trying to decide between spin techs and the single magna flow stainless. Any advice?

Thanks!

cpeapea
04-19-2003, 01:43 AM
id go with magnaflow. but there are plenty of places here in dallas that will do mandrel bends, but im not sure about stainless

Natetrun
04-19-2003, 01:45 AM
go with however loud you want it. i have the dual magna flow cat back and its not loud enough :(

woodro
04-19-2003, 02:31 AM
Thanks for the replies. Any names of shops Gavin. I'd like to call before I go so I don't have to make several 3 hour trips. I bought my truck from a guy in McKinney Nathan. You might have seen it around. Although he hardly ever drove it. Only 15K in 3 years. You guys really like the Magna flows that much or have you heard bad about the spin techs. I want to hear growl but not overwhelm convrsation. I'm in the process of selling a Mustang that sounds great (read loud) but is too much to drive to work everyday. Although the sound is only part of that problem.

Sixpipes
04-19-2003, 09:04 AM
http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/8/aaa.JPG
Dual Magnaflows on Go_rila are probably a little on the loud side for most of us old guys, but not to the point of being annoying. L8 Apex hooked me up with his buddy's shop in Duncanville. Very nice work and an excellent deal on a Magnaflow catback system. :cool:

Sound bite hear:

http://www.talonclub.com/4images/./data/media/8/talon 3-23 dyno-gorila.wmv

woodro
04-19-2003, 10:07 AM
Sounds great. May be a little loud for me, but it was indoors. At the Dyno pull it didn't have cats did it? I went to your site. You've got a seriously nice truck on your hands.

Sixpipes
04-19-2003, 10:21 AM
The exhaust system consists of JBA "shorties", stock cats, Magnaflows (no x-pipe) and 3.5" tips. The video sounds louder than it actually is. At highway speeds you can still listen to your stereo without any problems. At WOT, forget it. :cool:

Ivanhoe_Farms
04-19-2003, 02:42 PM
Sixpipes, how about a new Metallica and 0-120 video for comparison??:bows :bows :bows

Shiner1
04-21-2003, 10:57 AM
I have the Bassani cat back w/xpipe and love it. It's louder than stock but less than magna's. Nice tips as well. Try Lorentz Automotive in Lewisville. 972-221-9006 They have an exhust shop and do good work. They installed my Bassani for $50.00

L8 APEX
04-21-2003, 11:25 AM
I have two systems that I carry. Both are stainless Magnaflow. One uses the dual round and is very loud at WOT. I call it the wild system. The other is a single oval and it is a mild system. Them mild is jsut over stock with a deep mellow tone and zero resonance anywhere.

Logan
04-21-2003, 01:29 PM
Terry's guy does awesome work too. Check out the custom job done on my marauder...

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=503/1imag0003-med.jpg

cpeapea
04-21-2003, 03:59 PM
a&B here in irving does pretty good work. decently cheap too. forgot the number though. i have also had santos here in irving do work on my other truck. they are good too

woodro
04-22-2003, 04:43 AM
Thanks for all the replies. Now all I have to do is decide on a system. Whatever I choose it will be better than the super quiet stock muffler.

cpeapea
04-22-2003, 03:53 PM
also dumping the cats wakens the sound up as well. i have the stock catback with hiflow cats, and definitly sounds a lot better way more throaty

cpeapea
04-23-2003, 11:42 PM
i passed by the a&b by my house and saw a white L outside, looked like it was waiting for some exhaust work, was it anyone here?