PDA

View Full Version : Need To Make A Choice!

TxBolt
04-21-2003, 08:24 PM
Well do I get Terry to do me some breaks or buy the nitrous kit? I can't go the Brembo's but the other I can. My breaks need changing. Terry had a special on some differant rotors can't remember the name. Someone just spoke great things about them .If I bought the nitrous kit , my breaks would go about 300.00 with just pads. I want the 11s but it might have to wait. Either one I will be broke for awhile after my wheels and slicks. Damn it! I have an expensive hobby!!! I knew I should have become a Redneck and took up fishing!:hammer: :hammer:

99WhiteBeast
04-21-2003, 08:49 PM
Tim,
There is an old addage that says "invest .25 in whoa for every 1.00 in go"

I don't think you can ever go wrong with some upgrade in the stopping performance.

I did the EBC Rotors and pads and I'm very pleased with the results.

I have some pics in my gallery but can't get to it for some reason?? Doug the link to gallery is not working:confused:

TxBolt
04-21-2003, 08:54 PM
I didn't know that post went through. I was talking on the phone with a Redneck! I have already made my mind. Breaks!!:tu: Its hard to find if you go into the support Talon there's a part that says gallery ,t thats what I have been using.

cpeapea
04-21-2003, 11:26 PM
i vote nitrous, but thats just me, i like straight line perf more than auto x

L8 APEX
04-21-2003, 11:41 PM
Brakes aren't just for autoX. They may save your bacon during any fast driving situation. When you have a 12 second 4800lb truck you can use all the brakes you can get. Mine have saved my arse countless times most useful mod I have made.:bows

cpeapea
04-22-2003, 03:56 PM
bah....dont need brakes...must go faster...screw stopping j/k
either on you go with im sure youll be happy with :cool:

T Hogg
04-22-2003, 08:13 PM
You know what my vote is. I say SPRAY THAT HOE!!:D It wouldn't matter if I had to stick my foot out the door and drag it on the ground to help her stop.;) If you can't stop, no problem just let it ride you'll hit the sand and stop.:d

BTW, hows your truck doing these days.

Red2002
04-22-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by 99WhiteBeast
Tim,
There is an old addage that says "invest .25 in whoa for every 1.00 in go"

I've never heard that one, but even if I had I would pay it no mind. :d

Spray it Tim. :) If you wanted to stop quickly you should've looked into a different vehicle. :nana2

03LightningRocks
04-23-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by T Hogg
You know what my vote is. I say SPRAY THAT HOE!!:D It wouldn't matter if I had to stick my foot out the door and drag it on the ground to help her stop.;) If you can't stop, no problem just let it ride you'll hit the sand and stop.:d

BTW, hows your truck doing these days.

Hey Mr. Hogg,

Where have you been hiding out. You didn't make the last meet and I haven't seen you out at Ennis since the last drive shaft jumped off that beast of yours.

I hope all is going well for you. You should run out to Houston in 2 weeks and show the folks at FFW just what a Gen 1 can do.

Rocks:beer:

TxBolt
04-23-2003, 06:38 PM
I think he's got secrets. Poss. modding that Gen 1 out. He would be in the 10s if he could keep a shaft!!:roll :roll :roll Peace Brother!!!

cpeapea
04-23-2003, 11:08 PM
he was out there at ultimate street night, his new DS held together. i think he needs a nice solid roller cam

T Hogg
04-24-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by TxBolt
I think he's got secrets. Poss. modding that Gen 1 out. He would be in the 10s if he could keep a shaft!!:roll :roll :roll Peace Brother!!!

No big secrets here. Just had to replace a few bent leafsprings and put in a pinion snubber to help with the wheel hop. Need to get some track time to see if I got my bugs worked out.If everything works out I'm going to add about 3#s of boost or more juice or both.However much it takes to get to the 565hp mark.:eek2: So if she holds up on the dyno and makes the hp numbers I"LL BE AT FFW WITH BELLS ON.I also plan to put her on a diet and lose about 100-200#s.:D I think that should be more than enough to make a 10 sec pass. I would hate to drive all the way down there and get kick out b/c I still don't have a cage yet.:flaming: I guest I could just tell them what I tell the ticket lady at Ennis, " Yes I have a roll bar, you just can't see it b/c it's in the headliner".:D

cpeapea
04-24-2003, 11:21 PM
yea, or "yes mam i have a helmet, its right here...(points at a dark empty floorboard)"

03LightningRocks
04-25-2003, 01:09 AM
Terry,

It sounds like you have the problem by the nutz. I hope you make it to Houston. Think of it this way. You get a Gen 1 into the 10's in front of all those witnesses. The claim to fame will more than make up for getting thrown out of the track.

As for your cool new roll bar...that story will be told for ages. I am already practicing for my own delivery of that line.

See ya there,
Rocks

99WhiteBeast
04-25-2003, 07:29 AM
and don't forget "yes I have a Nomax jacket-see that Members Only jacket in the passenger seat":D

Red2002
04-25-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by 99WhiteBeast
and see that Members Only jacket in the passenger seat":D

Members Only?!:eek2: :nono:

dboat
04-25-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Red2002
Members Only?!:eek2: :nono:

Of course Members Only,,, just like yours Laurence.. :tongue:

or are you jealous that he got his first? LOL:evil

Dana