PDA

View Full Version : Bought a yellow 2001 Lotus Esprit V8

Red2002
04-22-2003, 10:28 PM
The good news is the Lightning is getting paid off and I'm keeping it. The better news is that I'm going exotic. :D

I found the car in Naples, Florida. It's a 2001 Lotus Esprit V8TT w/ 2400 miles. This thing is flat out wicked! It's got an 8.0:1 compression ratio but only kicks out 5.8psi of boost out of the twin-T25 turbos. Gonna have to play with that thing a lil'....

I drove a yellow 2001 Viper GTS for a day and loved the sheer brute power. Unrefined and loud, the Viper was sweet. But I had been longing for a Lotus, my dream car, ever since I was 16. At 25, it finally happened.

I looked at a Z06 and financing didn't matter because I paid cash for the Lotus, but you pull up to a stoplight in a Vette and the persons beside you and behind you both have one. Great-looking cars, just not the stop-traffic effect of an exotic. :D

My first mod will be a set of HRE 545- or 546-series wheels. I'll probably go with 19-inch rears and 18-inch fronts.

Here's a couple of pics.
http://www.shodude.com/files/stuff/lotus1.jpg

http://www.shodude.com/files/stuff/lotus4.jpg

http://www.shodude.com/files/stuff/lotus2.jpg

dboat
04-22-2003, 10:34 PM
that is absolutely fantastic... somehow I know the L will take a back seat to the new car.. it is absolutely gorgeous..

however, I thought the 35 yr old was as exotic as you would get... :roll

Bring it to the next meeting and dont forget a towel.. to wipe off the drool.... he he
:tu:
Dana

Red2002
04-22-2003, 10:46 PM
It's unbelievable. The last month of my life has been in warp drive.

Cost of living out there is seriously much cheaper than it is here, unless you have a gambling problem. :) When y'all come out for SEMA, look me up. I'll have passes and you'll have a free place to crash. You'll need it with the way some of y'alls luck is. :)

FYI, premium gas in Las Vegas is ~$2.47 a gallon. Ouch.

cpeapea
04-22-2003, 10:48 PM
too bad we wont get to see it

dboat
04-22-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Red2002
It's unbelievable. The last month of my life has been in warp drive.

Cost of living out there is seriously much cheaper than it is here, unless you have a gambling problem. :) When y'all come out for SEMA, look me up. I'll have passes and you'll have a free place to crash. You'll need it with the way some of y'alls luck is. :)

FYI, premium gas in Las Vegas is ~$2.47 a gallon. Ouch.

well the cost of housing is much higher there than here.. and the gas, well you said it...

the property taxes are lower by far... they have their own issues.. was out there on more than one occasion looking at houses and seeing how much things cost... not as cheap as you might think..
Dana

Red2002
04-22-2003, 10:58 PM
Then you know where Sumerlin is? Look me up when you get out Dana.

...and don't discount those older women so quickly. :) You're old yourself!:roll

dboat
04-22-2003, 11:08 PM
why are you going way up there.. head for Green Valley my man... I do have to say one thing... there are some very pretty women out there...

by the way...the benefit to my being old is that a 35 yr old to me is a youngun... my wife is 36.. he he... not like it is for you... breaking the 10 year rule,, trolling for the old broads...:roll

Dana

see ya next week at the meeting right?

Red2002
04-22-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by dboat
why are you going way up there.. head for Green Valley my man... I do have to say one thing... there are some very pretty women out there...

I may even end up in Henderson. Won't know for sure until I get out there. Weird, huh?

breaking the 10 year rule,, trolling for the old broads...:roll

Don't discount the old broads yet Dana. How do you think I got the Lotus? My good looks? :D:d

98Cobra
04-23-2003, 12:18 AM
Yea, what are you doing out there? New addition to the Sigrfried and Roy show or what?

Congrats, BTW! :tu:

Wht95Lightning
04-23-2003, 06:40 AM
WOW! That is one sweet ride. I guess I missed a thread somewhere. I didn't know you moved to Nevada. I like it out there. Brenda and I try to get to Vegas at least once a year. You do realize it gets way over 100 degrees in the summer. Walking outdoors is like walking into a giant pizza oven. Still, a beautiful part of the country. You'll have plenty of sunny days to enjoy that Lotus.

What are the specs on a stock V8 turbo Esprit?

wesman
04-23-2003, 01:23 PM
Damn...sweet man. Apparently college students get paid wayyyyyy more than they used to.

What's the dealio man....very sweet ride.

--wes

trublu02
04-23-2003, 04:06 PM
Man must be nice to have a ride like that and still get to keep your L and not even have to have a job, now thats the life:beer:

Alpine
04-23-2003, 07:13 PM
Last week when you told me you were getting the Lotus, you said the car had 8,000 miles and now it has 2,400 miles. If you wait another week to pick it up, it will be brand new!!:bs:D

Red2002
04-23-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Alpine
Last week when you told me you were getting the Lotus, you said the car had 8,000 miles and now it has 2,400 miles. If you wait another week to pick it up, it will be brand new!!:bs:D

It's a different car jackass! :) lol

Lotus offers free timing belt replacement/adjustment for up to 100,000 miles. The V8 engines alone are $40,000! Don't want too many of those things blowing up, especially under warranty.:eek2:

Oh what to do about the chrome 02 Lightning wheels w/ new tires. :nono: hehehe

wesman
04-23-2003, 08:36 PM
If your keeping the L now, why are you selling off everything ?

--wes

Red2002
04-23-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by wesman
If your keeping the L now, why are you selling off everything ?

--wes

Just for something to do. :d Need anything?

Placed an order for some Kinesis wheels today. 18x11's in the back and 18x8.5 up front. True 3-piece wheel, polished finish w/ no clearcoat.

http://www.shodude.com/files/stuff/rimspic.jpg

Here's a pic of them installed on another owner's car. This is a 96 S4s.

http://www.shodude.com/files/stuff/lotuschrome.jpg

wesman
04-23-2003, 10:44 PM
Very sweet...Kenesis makes a nice wheel.

--wes

Lyfisin
04-28-2003, 01:11 PM
I'm so jealous. I know what you mean about about getting your dream car. It's disgusting to think you only had to wait 9 years to get it. I've been waiting 24 and still don't have one. :mad:

:beer: on the car and congrats.

Lyfisin

Red2002
04-28-2003, 06:13 PM
Thanks man I appreciate it. Hang in there and it'll happen for you somehow, someway. I never really thought I would get it, but sometimes things manifest themselves in the most unusual of circumstances. Keep the faith, I guess, or something like that.

I decided to go with the HRE 445R wheels and cancelled the Kinesis order. I pick the car up Sunday, May 4th.:beer:

cpeapea
04-28-2003, 09:10 PM
ive put manyh kenesis on vipers, and man are they bling!