PDA

View Full Version : A burned Valve!!!

TxBolt
04-27-2003, 11:49 AM
What a lovely day in the neighborhood. Well off comes the head. If I make a Talon meeting it will be in the beater. I went to look at Rodney's ( skankdog) Lightning parts all over his garage. So the Ford machanic is busy doing his heads. I guess I'm in no rush. I got a long way to go to catch up with Justin with down time. My hardest lesson to learn is DETONATION !!:hammer:

TxBolt
04-27-2003, 05:11 PM
I'm tearing it down myself. I'm having my Ford machanic Set the chains and heads. I've seen enough I can do it all , but its something I can get myself out of doing. I'm trying to turn something bad into good. If the wife don't kill me I will do some specials while its down. I would like to have JDM cams and headers. Oh well as long as I make FFW at Ennis. I want to compete this year. How many runs does one make in FFW competition? Wish me luck!!

Flats Man
04-28-2003, 07:53 AM
TxBolt, here is something you might consider while your are doing your valves. Have the machine shop that does your valve job also install some timecerts in your spark plug holes. With timecerts properly installed, you will have twice the thread that you have now and they will be steel which will allow you a few more lbs of torque when the plugs are tightened. The eight holes will run you about $120 including the timecerts. If you want to do this and can't find the certs out there, I have a spare set in Dallas that I can get out to Sixpipes that are threaded for NGK's. Under the "every little bit helps" theory, you might also consider having the machine shop press the intake valve guides back into the head about 1/4 inch which will take some of the restriction and turbulence out of the intake runner. Good luck with your project. Oh, if going with a higher lift cam, change the valve springs!