PDA

View Full Version : Bankston Advertised Llightnings at $28,995 and

Silver_2000
04-27-2003, 10:14 PM
Cobras at $31,995

In the past you would never see SVT vehicles advertised - Let alone discounted in the paper...

3.9% for 60 months on the cobra is $588 a month with 0 down.

Hmm... Little negotiation and 5k down = $450 a month ... Hmmm....

Doug

L8 APEX
04-27-2003, 11:03 PM
I don't see you in a Cobra, besides they are less reliable than Lightnings:eek2:

Wht95Lightning
04-27-2003, 11:03 PM
Whew! Damn good thing I'm broke. Another gas guzzling ticket getting tire smoker is just what I need.
:twitch:

Silver_2000
04-27-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
I don't see you in a Cobra, besides they are less reliable than Lightnings:eek2:

Why dont you see me in a cobra ?

I dont because so many smart ass kids ( like you and younger ) drive them..:eek2:

L8 APEX
04-27-2003, 11:31 PM
You seem to like the conveniences of a truck too much to go to a car. I have driven a few 03 Cobra's and modded them for customers. They left a poor impression in many aspects like, chasis flex, seating and shifter position. They have a motor but that is about it. Their IRS is still falling apart at the track.

Silver_2000
04-27-2003, 11:41 PM
You seem to like the conveniences of a truck too much to go to a car. I have driven a few 03 Cobra's and modded them for customers. They left a poor impression in many aspects like, chasis flex, seating and shifter position. They have a motor but that is about it. Their IRS is still falling apart at the track.

The thing is Im not "going" to a car Im considering getting a car...

You have what 2 corvettes, a lightning, a motorcyle and what else ? I just want a car.

I never said I was trading the Truck... What else can I get for 30k ?

L8 APEX
04-27-2003, 11:49 PM
I thought you were going the hard core old school Factory Five route:confused: Mustangs and Camaros are for kids. I would be stoked to roll in a AC Cobra or that Daytona coupe:beer:
As for me I only have the Lightning or what is left of her:( The bike is the old man's toy I just keep it fresh;)

Silver_2000
04-28-2003, 12:02 AM
I thought you were going the hard core old school Factory Five route:confused: Mustangs and Camaros are for kids. I would be stoked to roll in a AC Cobra or that Daytona coupe:beer:
As for me I only have the Lightning or what is left of her:( The bike is the old man's toy I just keep it fresh;)

30k would get a GREAT Spec racer from Factory five BUT

It would have NO A/C, no Stereo, no warranty, no roof, and the running gear would be as old as 15 years old...

The guy at the end of the alley is selling his moped. I should just buy that .. It would get me to work if the truck broke and to the beer store....

L8 APEX
04-28-2003, 12:12 AM
I have thought on a second vehicle and it would be one of two things. An SVT Fukus for fun and economy, or a standard cab Z71 for 4wd capability once again.

Logan
04-28-2003, 07:29 AM
Doug. Buy a Cobra. If I thought I could get away with it right now, I would ditch the Cougar on one. Invoice on Cobra is a hair over $32k.

Just be aware that Cobra is subject to $1000 gas gu****r tax, so add a grand to TTL.

Silver_2000
04-28-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Logan
Invoice on Cobra is a hair over $32k.

Since they are selling them for UNDER invoice - it just shows you how much invoice means...

Doug

dboat
04-28-2003, 08:53 AM
If it were me, and I know it isnt. I would really look hard at the Infinit G35.. about the same price but a much better all around CAR. Not the blinding speed of the Stang, but a much more civilized car that will probably have less depreciation over time. Its basically a 350Z sedan, that some reviewers have felt is even better than the Z. It would be really good for those road trips that you dont want or need to take in the L.
It would be so much better for when you have a date as well.

just my .02
Dana

dboat
04-28-2003, 08:57 AM
forgot to add... go ahead and buy the moped too.. they are a lot of fun and you can take it to the track with you,,
Dana

Logan
04-28-2003, 05:49 PM
If they're sitting there for over 3 months, holdback is done, they have to move em or lose money every day they sit there...

I know dealerships selling 03 Marauders for $25k, $10K off MSRP...

wesman
04-28-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!

The guy at the end of the alley is selling his moped. I should just buy that .. It would get me to work if the truck broke and to the beer store....

lol...but you would have to start drinking the beers on the way home or else they'd be hot by the time you got there.

Perhaps one of those hats that hold two beers with the straws ? :roll

--wes

Silver_2000
04-28-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by wesman
lol...but you would have to start drinking the beers on the way home or else they'd be hot by the time you got there.

Perhaps one of those hats that hold two beers with the straws ? :roll

--wes

Nah just mount a big ass cooler to the back ... That way there would be room for groceries if I decided to actually buy any

Doug

devildog92
05-02-2003, 09:45 AM
But Jupiter Chevy has ZO6's for 8k off sticker for new '03 models. I went by and drove one, WOW. Give me two months, money has loosened up some for me. By 8/1 that is possibly what I am doing.

wesman
05-02-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by devildog92
But Jupiter Chevy has ZO6's for 8k off sticker for new '03 models. I went by and drove one, WOW. Give me two months, money has loosened up some for me. By 8/1 that is possibly what I am doing.

And the corvettes are now included in GM's special financing offers...saw it on TV last night :)

Not a bad deal....8k off sticker, 0% to 3.9% interest ona Z06...payments wouldn't be that much more than some guys pay for their L's

--wes

MadMax
05-04-2003, 11:57 AM

Mustangs and Camaros are for kids.....just another peep caught up in a bunch of BS demographics......etc

your prolly the first to watch "Joe Jock Millionaire" or someting...

:D

j/k.....

MadMax
05-04-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by wesman
And the corvettes are now included in GM's special financing offers...saw it on TV last night :)

Not a bad deal....8k off sticker, 0% to 3.9% interest ona Z06...payments wouldn't be that much more than some guys pay for their L's

--wes

too much time on TV...not enough time in the Gym! :roll