PDA

View Full Version : rental neon with nitrous

microsuck
04-29-2003, 11:36 AM
Okay, while my truck in in the shop I am going to have a little fun. :evil They gave me a neon for a rental and I just happen to have a (recently removed) hybrid nitrous kit to spare. I will switch it to dry mode for the neon. the wet mode is already setup for the truck and I dont want to mess with it. So, anyone want to do Ennis this weekend? I am putting the nitrous on it on wednesday, Thursday a little T&T, and friday is show-time. Gav, we should do the kit at your house. I dont care what the rental company says. this is my 5th rental this year, all because of the L. anybody know how much nitrous a stock neon fuel system can handle?:nana2
andrew:evil

MadNess
04-29-2003, 12:57 PM
500 shot should be fine :d

microsuck
04-29-2003, 01:19 PM
no way! a bona-fide riceboy just told me that anything above a 450 shot of naawwzzz would be unsafe in my pimped out neon.:D

microsuck
04-29-2003, 01:27 PM
damn it, I just got a call from ford. my truck is done. I have to give the neon back. on a more serious note, they somehow found evidence of my nitrous and chip and told me that even though they had already done the repairs, if something breaks because of that then it would be out of my pocket. they said that a wiring harness for the tranny melted on the exhaust pipe and that was causing the errors. no new tranny. I knew I should have removed all of it. I left the ECC without a cap, and left the control pannel for the nitrous system and chip in the console. I just unplugged the chip and tucked it behind the plastic, and removed the nitrous and pulley. Well, it looks like I took it all off for nothing. they still found out. O well. at least they acknowledged that it wasnt the the power-adders at fault they and still paid. there is no point in de-modding anymore. I am sure I have been logged.:hammer:
andrew

cpeapea
04-29-2003, 03:54 PM
hehe, next time try another dealership. back to my garage you go

microsuck
04-29-2003, 03:58 PM
and I was excited about the neon too!:crying: I am praying my ass off that they didnt log any of my "warranty voiding" parts.:bs
Too bad, I really liked North Central ford. I would hate to never be able to go there again.:(
Andrew

microsuck
04-29-2003, 04:01 PM
and... when I pick it up, if they have made note to void any future drivetrain repairs because of heavy modifications, I am going to go ahead and order sals complete lower end replacement and fix this damn truck for good. (or at least until i drive it again:d ) or maybe buy a built motor. I have been saving for a moment like this.:tongue: Gav, break out the wrenches.
Andrew

cpeapea
04-29-2003, 04:34 PM
haha cant wait:tu: :d

03LightningRocks
04-30-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by microsuck
and... when I pick it up, if they have made note to void any future drivetrain repairs because of heavy modifications, I am going to go ahead and order sals complete lower end replacement and fix this damn truck for good. (or at least until i drive it again:d ) or maybe buy a built motor. I have been saving for a moment like this.:tongue: Gav, break out the wrenches.
Andrew

That surprises me. One of their SVT techs has a very heavely modded Lightning. I thought they would be cooler than that about it.

At least I know now. Don't take this wrong Andrew or Gavin....but I would probably contract Terry to switch my mods out before a warranty issue. I feel pretty sure he would at least put the cover back on the PCM...LOL:roll

Rocks:evil

microsuck
04-30-2003, 05:07 PM
last time I went in there they didnt check didtly squat, and that was for a new head. who would have thought they would have checked for a simple shorted out wire harness.:eek2: I think it ws because I decided not to clear the computer. knew they would have nothing to read unless I drove it arround for atleast a hunderd miles or so. remember when doug didnt pass inspection because of that. I left all the codes and I think they saw a few that provoked their currorisity and prompted them to do a more thourough search. I wish I could spell.:hammer: sucks to be me:crying:
Andrew

microsuck
04-30-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by 03LightningRocks
At least I know now. Don't take this wrong Andrew or Gavin....but I would probably contract Terry to switch my mods out before a warranty issue. I feel pretty sure he would at least put the cover back on the PCM...LOL:roll

Rocks:evil
my truck is so ghetto rigged that there is no way anyone could demod it but me:D
Andrew

cpeapea
05-01-2003, 10:33 AM
didnt you also forget the nitrous switch panel?

microsuck
05-01-2003, 10:55 AM
i peeled of the NOS label and hoped they wouldent open it up:hammer:

cpeapea
05-01-2003, 04:40 PM
shoulda told them its the end-of-the-world-button and to not to touch it

microsuck
05-01-2003, 05:44 PM
gav, clean out your PM box. I cant bug you. And check your email too, I am itching to be fast again.