PDA

View Full Version : Can someone bring a K&N filter cleaner kit to Pugsley's?

Red2002
04-29-2003, 06:06 PM
I can use it right there in the parking lot. I'll buy you a round or three.:beer: TIA

Wht95Lightning
04-29-2003, 06:58 PM
Done deal. I will bring a kit with me. I can even through in a bullet hole sticker. :tu:

Red2002
04-29-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Wht95Lightning
Done deal. I will bring a kit with me. I can even through in a bullet hole sticker. :tu:

Thanks Gary! Call me so we can caravan together. I'll be coming from SW Ft. Worth. PM'd.:beer:

L8 APEX
04-29-2003, 11:24 PM
$10 bucks at AutoZone:D You will need lots of water to wash it out and plenty of dry time. Oh well, I am sure it will owrk out fine.

Red2002
04-30-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
$10 bucks at AutoZone:D You will need lots of water to wash it out and plenty of dry time. Oh well, I am sure it will owrk out fine.

Ok. I wasn't too worried about the dry time if I was to show up early. 2+ hours should be enough, shouldn't it? Ah well...

Crawford
04-30-2003, 09:38 AM
Terry is right. You will need a hose to wash out the filter from the inside out and you will have to let it dry forever. You are best off grabbing one from Autozone.

I use a pressure nozzle to wash mine out then I stick a leaf blower in mine to speed up that dry time. :D

Mark #2
04-30-2003, 10:49 AM
I amazed that anyone cleans their filter. I haven't seen a cleaned and correctly oiled one yet. Just for grins how often do you perform this maintenance?

Mark #2
04-30-2003, 10:54 AM
Tip,
You don't need to purchase the kit, just the oil. Simple Green has been used for years by the dirtbike and sports car community.

Don't ever use an air gun to dry, I sit the filter out in the sun for a few hours to dry.

Wht95Lightning
04-30-2003, 01:08 PM
Lawrence, I'm going to GIVE you the kit. I only used it once so it has at least 2 more cleanings in it BUT, I bought a new filter for another car and it came with a kit so you can just keep this one. Don't worry about cleaning your filter at Pugsleys.

Gary

Moonshine
04-30-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Mark #2
I amazed that anyone cleans their filter. I haven't seen a cleaned and correctly oiled one yet. Just for grins how often do you perform this maintenance?

I do mine on a quite frequent basis. Only I use the brown/black filter oil insted of that pansy red stuff. ;)

Silver_2000
04-30-2003, 01:54 PM

The last time I just replaced my filter... After hearing the stories about F'ed up MAFs from too much oil I decided it was cheaper to buy new filter...

Cleaning kit is 10 bucks plus 2 hours to do it plus a new maf - the new filter is cheaper :burnout:

Red2002
04-30-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Wht95Lightning
Lawrence, I'm going to GIVE you the kit. I only used it once so it has at least 2 more cleanings in it BUT, I bought a new filter for another car and it came with a kit so you can just keep this one. Don't worry about cleaning your filter at Pugsleys.

Gary

Kicka**! Thanks a bunch Gary!:nana2

Mark #2
04-30-2003, 05:19 PM
Moonshine,
I am unfamiliar with the brown oil, who makes it?

Moonshine
04-30-2003, 05:23 PM
Moonshine,
I am unfamiliar with the brown oil, who makes it?

You make your own. Start with the pansy red stuff, add a few K miles of road grime, a healthy dose of dust, road spray from a few rain showers, and voila, you have your very own brown/black filter oil. Adjust ingredients to suit your personal preferences. :D

Mark #2
04-30-2003, 05:25 PM
Moonshine,
Okay got it. I thought that maybe there was another choice besides the expensive red stuff.