PDA

View Full Version : Hail from Hell

Wht95Lightning
05-01-2003, 04:16 PM
I was walking my 7 year old son home from school today and my cell rings. It's Lawrence (Red2002) and he says, It's hailing like hell in NRH where he is (5 minutes from where I am) and it's GOLF BALL size. I look up and it's pretty clear, it had been thundering for about 30 minutes but of course I wasn't at home, I was at the Elementary school. I just prayed that it wasn't going to rain on my fresh wax job before the GTG tonight. WRONG! It hits about the moment I walked up to my front door. What to do, what to do! I have 1 empty space in the garage and the 03 Lexus and the 95 L in the driveway. DAMMIT! I decided (in about 2 seconds) that The Lex gets the garage. Hell, it only had 988 miles on it! It DOES NOT need a paint job plus the metal probably isn't as tough as the L's. The L on the other hand would look a lot better with a paint job and any dings would probably be fixable by the paintless dent guy. So the Lex goes in, the golf balls fall followed by an insane thunderstorm. It's still raining so I don't know if there is any damage. I saw her take a couple of pretty good licks though. :(
My stomach is churning :vomit:

cpeapea
05-01-2003, 04:36 PM
aww man...screw the lexus...

my2002lightning
05-01-2003, 04:49 PM
No rain or hail here in Plano !

I'm watching the news to make sure it's alright to head on out to Pugsley's for some :beer: !

Yeehaw!

Ronald

Silver_2000
05-01-2003, 05:01 PM
“It’s producing up to three and a half inch hail in Tarrant County,” National Weather Service meteorologist Dan Shoemaker said of the storm system."

But it appears to be south of 30 in dallas county and the radar is clear west of the one cell that is left

my2002lightning
05-01-2003, 05:25 PM
Well, it looks like the hailstorm is over.

We're headed out to Pugsleys...

Ronald

Wht95Lightning
05-01-2003, 07:27 PM
Well, I looked th L over top to bottom and other being dirty now after I spent the whole day yesterday polishing her up, I see NO hail damage.
The Bad news is that Brenda was at the Dentist and the Infiniti was in the parking lot and got POUNDED! This car looks like a bucket of ball bearings was dropped on it from an airplane. There is not one body panel that's not damaged. The windshield is busted in 2 places. Even the doors got it. :eek:
I called the insurance company and an adjuster is going to come look sometime. I was told it might be a few days since a CATASTROPHE has been declared by the Insurance company for Tarrant Co. They're still taking claims from the April 5th hail storm too. I can get a rental car but I don't really need one.
It's quite possible the Infiniti is totalled. The claims agent already told me to be prepared for it.
So out of 4 cars only one got hurt. I guess that's pretty good.
:rolleyes:
So now I have a car that's hurt, a car that needs a motor (72 Cad Conv) and a GIANT dentist bill. :hammer:

Drink a few for me tonight.
:beer:

TXBLU
05-02-2003, 07:36 AM
Aw man, I wish everybody had garage space for thier L's. Be carefull who you get to replace your windshield if it gets trashed. I had a kid royally scratch the cat poop out of my '93 a few years back. It was some no-name contractor the insurance company sent out. I have used Safelite ever since with no problems. I got my last one for free, too! It just so happens that my Father-in-law is CEO of Safelite. He's a real nice guy. You might want to call them if you need automotive glass. It's all made right here in the U.S.A. too!!!! Hope everyone came out undamaged last night.

Wht95; Sorry to hear about Brenda's car. One of the gate guards at Hackberry just got a new car a few months ago because his old was hammered by hail (plus it was just old) and it got hit in the LAST hailstorm! No garage sucks.......:(