PDA

View Full Version : I bet you guys I am the 1st one to do this.

J.D. Blackwell
05-09-2003, 11:34 AM
http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44097

Burn up a Built tranny that came from Gregg Evans. Now that is just my luck isn't it.:rolleyes:

All in all, Gregg made it right and it only cost me shipping which was about $170 to & fro. That could have been harsh for a man that has no money.:throw:

Thanks Gregg,
Justin:bows

MadNess
05-09-2003, 12:28 PM
your new nickname... "Blackwell from HELL" :eek:

Moonshine
05-09-2003, 12:51 PM
Let me see if I understand this correctly;

You pay $$$$ for a built tranny.
Built tranny takes a major sh*t within 200 miles.
You have to go to the time, trouble, and expense of pulling it.
You pay $$ to ship said POS tranny back to the builder.
Your truck is down for some additional period of time.
You pay $$ to have a replacement tranny shipped back.
You have the time, trouble, and expense of installing the replacement, which thankfully works.
Tranny builder says "I dunno" why the first one went TU.

And you feel like he made it right???? :crying:

Not flaming you Justin, but I don't think I'd have been nearly as easy to please. :flaming:

Sixpipes
05-09-2003, 04:37 PM
I'm begining to believe that boy could tear up a bowling ball. :cool:

J.D. Blackwell
05-09-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Moonshine
Let me see if I understand this correctly;

You pay $$$$ for a built tranny.
Built tranny takes a major sh*t within 200 miles.
You have to go to the time, trouble, and expense of pulling it.
You pay $$ to ship said POS tranny back to the builder.
Your truck is down for some additional period of time.
You pay $$ to have a replacement tranny shipped back.
You have the time, trouble, and expense of installing the replacement, which thankfully works.
Tranny builder says "I dunno" why the first one went TU.

And you feel like he made it right???? :crying:

Not flaming you Justin, but I don't think I'd have been nearly as easy to please. :flaming:

Moonshine, I am use to all of the troubles now. I do not get pissed off anymore. Heck, right after I got the new tranny in, I locked up the blower. That was kind of my fault though.lol But, I can dang near do any kind of work on my tuck now, except tune it.;) Also my Gen 2 owning days are coming to an end. All I want is an 11 sec pass on F1's like I wanted before.

TxBolt
05-09-2003, 07:23 PM
I think cause were from the sticks! I tore one of those trannies too! I got another one on you J.D , I tore up a 2000 mile built motor! Ok I didn't tear it up just a valve.:hammer: My heads are going on Monday and tommorrow my intake is being ported.
Justin , I felt real bed when my tranny went boom. There was no way that I was going to pull that monster agian. So I paid someone too. I can bet Terry will chime in. He's been sitting back waiting for Greggs trannies to go boom! Ok Terry the monster boxes are not perfect!:roll :roll Terry you were right.:bows

TxBolt
05-09-2003, 07:26 PM
Tune it? You mean set the timing? I have watched my Ford machanic enough to do it. Its easy enough I don't want to do it!:roll