PDA

View Full Version : Motel 6 in Baytown

98Cobra
05-14-2003, 10:14 AM
As some of you may or may not know, Crawford and I stayed at the Motel 6 in Baytown during FFW Houston. Our A/C was not blowing cold when we checked in, and they said they would look at it the next day. When we got back to the room that night, it was the same temperature outside as in, so I called the front desk again. She said maintenence had looked at it and would replace it Monday. I told her that wasnt good enough, and she said I would have to talk to the manager. I told her I wasn't waiting til I left - and asked her what she could do. She called me back an hour later and said that they would replace the A/C that night. It was already 10pm at that point, but they said he would come after church(?). When we came back from the bar after 1 am, it was in fact changed out.

Anyway, after this bad experience, we recieved a 10% credit from the front desk. Whoopee! So I emailed Motel 6, and this is their response:

Dear Garett Trietsch:

Thank you for letting us know about your experience at our property in Baytown, Texas. Please accept our sincerest apologies that your experience was less than satisfactory. It is disappointing to learn that we fell short of our goals in this instance.

We can assure you that a copy of your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate management team so steps may be taken to prevent similar problems from reoccurring. We are committed to guest satisfaction and we appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your concerns.

Please know that we do value you as our guest and appreciate your repeated business. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to ensure that this property is kept up to the high standards our guests have come to expect. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Sincerely,

Guest Relations

I won't stay there again unless its the only option I have. $50 a night and you have to BEG for A/C? In HOUSTON?!?!?!? :flaming:

Sixpipes
05-14-2003, 10:17 AM
So where did you guys crash on Saturday night. I froze my a$$ off. :tongue: .................not really.

98Cobra
05-14-2003, 11:31 AM
Well, when we got back from the bar, it was decent. I just shouldn't have had to suffer the first night, and then force them to fix it. Good thing we went out for a while...

Wht95Lightning
05-14-2003, 06:02 PM
I guess every room in the whole motel was occupied so they couldn't move you to another room? :confused:

Houston is definitely NOT the place to be without AC. I lived about 20 miles west of Houston most of my life and I NEVER got used to the heat and humidity.

I am in Miami right on biz now and it's the same damn way. Friggin rain forest! I feel your pain.

dboat
05-14-2003, 06:46 PM
Where did you live?
I lived in Houston for 35 yrs growing up... lived in South Houston, Clear Lake, Med Center, Woodlands, Sw Fondren area...

Dana

Moonshine
05-15-2003, 10:07 AM
Sounds like a rotten stay, but I really like their form letter. I may have to plagiarize that and use it for our unhappy "guests". :roll

98Cobra
05-15-2003, 10:39 AM
Yea, I have stayed in worse, believe it or not, but not by a whole lot.

If you want to plagarize that letter, go ahead, they probably did too. :D

And to the other question, yep, the whole place was full so we couldnt have another room...