PDA

View Full Version : almost got nailed by DPS

microsuck
05-29-2003, 11:34 PM
On the way back from denton. Scary. I had been playing chase with a mini-van (yeah, I know a minivan, why bother:hammer: ) but I just needed to put him in his place. he was infront and we came over a crest in the road and I saw a car in the right shoulder looking mischevious so I nailed the brakes and at the same time my V1 hit full bars on the Ka band. BOOM! we just got zapped. I saw his brake lights come on(puting it in gear) and he rolled forward and hit his lights. at this point I am thinking "o I am so screwed" so I decide there is no way he is going to get me:evil He is waiting to pull out and I slow down to a snails pace and am like "you first buddy" I refuse to let him get behind me. I am 100% sure I was the one he wanted. He finally pulls out in front of me and goes after the minivan. He gets pulled over and a big grin appears on my face. AAhh refreshing! I cant claim alot of credit for that one, it was mostly luck. But humm...... I sure do seem lucky!:twitch:
Andrew

my2002lightning
05-30-2003, 12:39 AM
Andrew,

Yeah! My Cobra was going off like crazy through all those construction zones to-and-fro Plano! See that DPS/white Explorer there in all that construction behind all the road/paving crews?

Laney said on the way out to the 1/8, she saw him follow me w/his radar-gun with the cross-hairs almost on my head!

They're all over us L guys like a rat on a Cheeto ! :nono: :d

Later gurlz!

Ronald y Elaine

:burnout:

microsuck
05-30-2003, 12:53 AM
he was a sheriff. DPS dosent have any explorers. Not like you would have any trouble outfoxing one of them anyways. the construction zone cops were no threat. they just left the radar on as a warning, they wernt going to pull anybody over. its the lone wolves I worry about.
Andrew

98Cobra
05-30-2003, 09:27 AM
On Wednesday I was heading to my parents house after work and driving on Business 121 toward I35E in Lewisville. Right after I crossed the train tracks, a cop pulled up to turn out of a parking lot for a business right there. I was probably doing 10 over I guess - frustrated from being behind a gravel truck and a school bus, and thats where it goes to three lanes. Anyway, I pass, and he turns out. I am in the middle lane and so is he, with one car between us. Of course now I am doing 1 over the limit *maybe* so I am just watching him to see what he does. I get in the right hand lane to turn on I35 north, so does he and the other car. I turn onto the service road, so does he. Now, if you are familiar with where I am talking about, you know that about 40 yards after you turn onto the service road that a ramp that goes over the I35/121 intersection joins the service road. As I get to the double white lines that seperate the ramp and the road for a short distance, a Honda civic comes off the ramp and, cuttin across the double whites, cuts me off, and then brakes pretty hard. I swerve around him, just as the double whites had ended. I slow down and stare at him out my back glass for an instant - he is yelling at ME and then flips me the bird! About .7 seconds later, the cop has seen enough and on come the red and blues, as I get on the ramp to join I35. :banana:

I can now no longer say that traffic cops are never around when you need them! :tu:

microsuck
05-30-2003, 09:42 AM
sweet story!:banana: I think he just picked the eaiser car to stop.:roll
andrew
"sucks to own a civic"

my2002lightning
05-30-2003, 05:47 PM
Garett,

I know where you're talking about in L'ville.

Forkin' ricers! I rolled up on one here in town. Skin-head "tough-guy" Dufus has a 5-point "racing" harness on, watching a DVD and "maxxin'". I laughed at him and cruised on. :hammer:

:roll

Ronald