PDA

View Full Version : BEST WAY TO GET HEADers

microsuck
06-03-2003, 02:41 PM
Okay, I know there is a better way to get some long tubes, other than paying $900 to JDM. Any ideas?
Andrew

cpeapea
06-03-2003, 03:33 PM
not necessarily better, but rem has dynatechs, also sal has a set for sale that were modified mustang long tubes, you might want to check those out

andy_cain
06-03-2003, 03:48 PM
Might check with the HALO crew before dropping the cabbage on that mod...they have some dyno sheets before and after.
;)

microsuck
06-03-2003, 03:51 PM
I know it wont help alot. I just want noize like whoa. Im going headers, no catz, and some really grumbley mufflers with phat chrome tips:bows
Andrew

andy_cain
06-03-2003, 03:54 PM
And when it come due for inspection, factor in the cost of adding the cats back on.
I would say, "I know it wont help alot." is a severe understatement:hammer:

But sound is a factor might ask Moonshine if that constitutes "probable cause":hammer:

microsuck
06-03-2003, 04:05 PM
I have a "contact" for inspections...........

L8 APEX
06-03-2003, 04:13 PM
Wayne, maybe if you had some long tube headers your truck would start making some power. 486rwhp is sad:d If I were looking for 10rwhp I would add a TB for 450 and 10 minutes vs. headers for 1000 bucks and 8 hours. Just get a muffler shop to pipe from the manifolds to the mufflers that should suffice.

andy_cain
06-03-2003, 04:25 PM
$hit, I have the Bassani headers and cat backs with X pipes and factory cats...inspection is no hassle:D and it was a $1500 to $2K mod that gained me a whoppin' 4 RWHP:hammer:
It does sound anbd look better:D but in hind sight, I would have spent the money on more "effective" mods...like a PR sticker:tu:

Tony2000
06-03-2003, 11:18 PM
well I got my truck back but i will post it latter
:tu:
With only 25 miles on the new engine,no cats and long tube headers
it passed inspection at 5 star ford. no :bs that was last week, I only have about 200 on it now

andy_cain
06-03-2003, 11:39 PM
Where have you been hiddin' budy:)
Have not seen you on here in a while.
What all had to be done to her to get her on her feet again?
I am ready for some more of those fajitas...can we just add that to the entry cost and have lunch included:beer:

microsuck
06-04-2003, 01:12 PM
if I can get a pair of bassani equal legenth headers used for dirt cheap, should I just do that? I was thinking with no cats and muffler the equal legenth would have almost the right back pressure.
Andrew

andy_cain
06-04-2003, 01:32 PM
The stock headers are easy to get off...but the Bassani Equal length headers are a PITA to get on with all of their bends:hammer:
IMHO forget the headers all togetherunless you get them for free:cool:

Put a good sounding cat back system on, leave the stock cats and save all the hassle of being pulled over every time you drive the damn thing:nono:

Fast truck + loud exhaust + teenage driver = Probable cause
Probable Cause = Ticket
Ticket = Higher insurance rates

Here is an idea, why not put one of those "Whoo Whoo" pipes on your "L":roll

Did you get your ABS failure issue worked out yet...concentrate on that, as it may be more a needed mod than extra sound:evil

microsuck
06-04-2003, 01:40 PM
terry "enlightened" me to what happend to my computer.
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2505&highlight=battle+scar

Wooo-Wooo is in the mail:tu:
I think I may just take my chances with the po-po. I will have to see how loud it is and if it is just overkill, I will tone it down a bit. I will probably have to spend a day or two at the ranch ghetto welding on various exhaust configs before I find one I am happy with.
maybe not free, but I think arround $100. Ehh, why not.....

cpeapea
06-04-2003, 04:46 PM
bassanis dont gain ****, and it doesnt have to do with backpressure its the lack of scavanging due to being short