PDA

View Full Version : intercooler pump mod

microsuck
06-03-2003, 03:40 PM
anyone know how these work. I would rather set it up myself then pay $30 to that homie on ebay that does all the lighting mods. I think his name is talon6. basically it allows you to engage the intercooler pump manually.
Andrew

L8 APEX
06-03-2003, 03:43 PM
I'll tell you for $10 :D

microsuck
06-03-2003, 03:49 PM
you guys suck:crying: I hate you terry.:bs Wheres the love man? spill the beans

L8 APEX
06-03-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by microsuck
you guys suck:crying: I hate you terry.:bs Wheres the love man? spill the beans
I love PR cusotmers:beer: Oh, and the daughters, and girlfriends of PR customers:banana:

dboat
06-03-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
I love PR cusotmers:beer: Oh, and the daughters, and girlfriends of PR customers:banana:

at rate you are going, you better add mothers in there too.. :roll

microsuck
06-04-2003, 01:17 PM
If anyone wants to know how to put a fan on you intercooler heat exchanger and install a switch to engage your intercooler pump when you want, let me know. It keeps that fluid nice and cold!:banana:
Andrew

L8 APEX
06-04-2003, 01:26 PM
Nice and cold meaning the 100+ degree ambient air the fan is pulling through it on a nice TX summer day:roll

microsuck
06-04-2003, 01:33 PM
Better than the 200+ degree coolant that is in there without it.:hammer:

andy_cain
06-04-2003, 01:39 PM
Mmmmmm, OK !
I have 3 Spal 7 inch intercooler fans and although they may help cool better, they in no way keep the fluid even cool.
:throw:

L8 does stock a mod that can deliver that type of result but unless you are reversing the coolant through the AC system, it is never (driving) going to be COLD

"03 Rocks" has the mod...shoot him an email and he can give you some solid info:beer:

microsuck
06-04-2003, 01:43 PM
tru dat. I was mostly thinking about using it at the track to cool it down more between the drive over and my first pass. I have seen rons setup. Its cool. I think I might just build one of those power coolers. I really dont want one more thing to refill on that damn truck though.
Andrew

andy_cain
06-04-2003, 01:51 PM
Better invest in a battery jump box as well:D
In fact, might want to add it to your "Mod LIst" now...running the electric fan and the 3 intercooler fans will pull so much juice that a fresh battery will be drained in a matter of about 15 minutes to the point where the truck will not even start:eek2:
I have had to jump mine at every track when running them inbetween runs:hammer:

I am on my 4th battery (pulled this one right out of the new SuperCrew as soon as we got the new truck home) and still use the trickle charger for periods of time of a week or more when I do not drive her just to keep this one "Topped Off"

:tu:

microsuck
06-04-2003, 01:57 PM
those things are thebomb.com! I have to borrow ron's everytime I race. I always forget to air up my slicks at the station on the way over and his has a compressor built in. I am going to buy one real soon.
Andrew

cpeapea
06-04-2003, 04:43 PM
yep ron uses his "plenty"