PDA

View Full Version : I'm new here....2002 Harley, sorry no Lightning

Fuzion
06-07-2003, 12:24 PM
I don't know how welcome i will be over here, but i hope i am welcome, i've heard about ya'll alot, and then at www.NHTOC.com we are talking about starting the North Texas Harley Truck Club and someone mentioned TALON, so none other than Doug, came over their and says we (harley trucks) are welcome in TALON. So, yea, am i the first Harley over here, or are their others?

A little about myself....i'm 16, live in Rockwall, go to Rockwall High School (now a Junior) work at a local tanning salon. Here is a picture of my truck, shes completely stock engine wise.

mods-Billet antenna, lower billet grille, SnugLid, 2" rear lowering shackles, tinted windows, personalized plates, and Black Bermuda taillights. In the process of getting done...lowering 1/3, exhaust, and some interior billet along with engine billet. Parents won't let me mod the engine till warranty goes out. Thanks, by the way, my names Blake Finnell can be reached on AIM/Yahoo IM/MSN Messenger as Fuzion340

If you would like to see the rear, let me know and i will add those.

Silver_2000
06-07-2003, 12:33 PM
Welcome.

I obviously was born 25 years too soon
I drove a rust bucket 6 cyl firebird to highschool my senior year

I will offer a friendly warning - to avoid sarcastic responses keep the references to your mom and your parents to a minimum. :D

Doug

Fuzion
06-07-2003, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the warning, but with me posting at NHTOC and FTW...i'm used to it, my parents are involved and a major part of all this, cuz without them, i wouldn't have the truck, so their comments shouldn't phase me.

I was supposed to get a 98 F-150 that had over 150k miles on it for my first truck, but nope, parents bought me this (not complaining) now i just don't get a "new" vechile when i graduate, which is fine me with! I can just take the money and mod!

Here is a nice rear shot.

L8 APEX
06-07-2003, 04:52 PM
Welcome, a few words of unsolicited advice;) Make your friends drive their cars when possible. Don't be a taxi for the homies. You can't keep something nice when you drive it all the time. Second, that truck gets going a lot faster than it stops so leave plenty of room in front of you. 3rd use Zaino. Here's a root beer salute:D :beer:

dboat
06-07-2003, 05:25 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by L8 APEX
[B] 3rd use Zaino.

Dont believe that Z stuff, use S100 its easier cheaper and the shine is just as good.. really even better... plus you buy it at a Harley shop...

Welcome
Dana

Fuzion
06-07-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
Welcome, a few words of unsolicited advice;) Make your friends drive their cars when possible. Don't be a taxi for the homies. You can't keep something nice when you drive it all the time. Second, that truck gets going a lot faster than it stops so leave plenty of room in front of you. 3rd use Zaino. Here's a root beer salute:D :beer:

You are soooo right with all of ur advice statements, but i do most of the "taxing" only cuz i really am the only who drives, and i can get us their a wholelot quicker! Going fast....HECK YEA! Stopping is terrible, already found that out, but its all good! Zaino...have yet to use, cuz i've yet to wax it, i've yet to wash it. Dad takes it to a detailing place, so i don't know what they use, but it comes back all nice and pretty! Thanks for the Root Beer, hopefully it was Barq's. If anyone of ya'll ever see this front end honk ur horn!

Sixpipes
06-08-2003, 11:09 AM
Welcome to the board, dude. My youngest son was in the first grade when you were born, but hey, that just makes me an old dude. :cool:

98Cobra
06-08-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
Welcome.

I obviously was born 25 years too soon
I drove a rust bucket 6 cyl firebird to highschool my senior year

I will offer a friendly warning - to avoid sarcastic responses keep the references to your mom and your parents to a minimum. :D

Doug

Pssh. You still had a Firebird!

My first car:
http://www.crazyjerry.com/thumbs/1983.honda.accord.folder.jpg

Natetrun
06-08-2003, 08:42 PM
welcome to the board. You are pretty lucky to have a nice vehicle that age. take care of it ;). Hopefully you will still have it when you are an old man. I had a ninja 250 for 2 years for my first vehicle. Rain, sleet, and snow. Parents would never let me borrow their rides for ANYTHING!

hey cobra, i think i saw your truck saturday morning on 121 in frisco near home depot or whatever, was that you? about 10:30am.

p.s. yeah keep the parent thing to a minimum. Dad takes it to get detailed too!?

Silver_2000
06-08-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by 98Cobra
Pssh. You still had a Firebird!

My first car:
http://www.crazyjerry.com/thumbs/1983.honda.accord.folder.jpg

It was swiss cheese holed from rust in NY and for a year it had a broken alternator. I was so poor that I would charge the battery at night and drive it during the day

Doug

Logan
06-09-2003, 07:24 AM
My first car was a 73 Gran Torino, what a chick magnet! Followed up with a 74 Mustang II, which begot a 73 Mustang fastback, which turned into a 72 Chevelle...Well, you get the idea, it'd be a very long thread if I continued...

Silver_2000
06-09-2003, 07:58 AM
Gran Torino was a cool car ..

The Mustang II was a POS

Logan
06-09-2003, 09:10 AM
Don't I know it. At the time, I lived about 50 miles northwest of Edmonton, Alberta, and I'd run the car 80mph there and back, with a great big cloud of blue smoke behind me the entire way. It'd burn through a quart of oil in each direction! ;)

But then again, I paid $150 Canadian for it and when it finally blew up, I just left it in a ditch.