PDA

View Full Version : Gonna change my o2 sensors

Silver_2000
06-11-2003, 05:37 PM
Is anyone else interested ?

With volume I may be able to save $$$

The 1st price I got from Ford was $59 each ( need 4 )

Doug

Logan
06-11-2003, 06:50 PM
You call John Eagle? Tell them you're with the SVT Club, parts at cost+10

L8 APEX
06-11-2003, 06:51 PM
That will be fun, it is much easier to drop the exhaust to get to the passenger side front connector:hammer: Why do they need replacing?

Silver_2000
06-11-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
That will be fun, it is much easier to drop the exhaust to get to the passenger side front connector:hammer: Why do they need replacing?

I have continuing issues with the fuel trims in the PCM hunting towards the rich side. They have 60k miles. THey have been abused by octane boost of all kinds race gas etc etd...

Doug

L8 APEX
06-11-2003, 11:07 PM
Let me know how that works. I also know a guy having rich bank 1 and 2 codes after his latest JDM reburn. He told JDM that he had a breather cap and removed the pup cats. I assume JDM added fuel for those two mods so it runs a little rich. The long term FT runs around -12 to -15 so it is trying to remove fuel.
PS: have you ever found a good reason for that EGR excessive or high flow? I see the mon occasion with no explanation:confused:

Silver_2000
06-11-2003, 11:31 PM
I had Jim Tune it out again in Houston and it was good but then has started going back to near -10 again. The truck has been MAXED at -22 TWICE. Once in Houston and once the kast time I was in NJ.

In that experience I learned that the truck runs like CRAP when its THAT rich. Just like a R/C motor that is drowned in fuel. It doesn't make decent power till you rev it and clear it out some

Doug

J.D. Blackwell
06-12-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
Is anyone else interested ?

With volume I may be able to save $$$

The 1st price I got from Ford was $59 each ( need 4 )

Doug

You can get them at the auto parts store a little cheaper.
Also, I learned something from Jim. When he burns chips he cuts off the rear O2 signal, so they don't even serve a purpose anymore. So all you need is the front ones.

I believe I understood him right. I thought I was having a problem with the rears and he told me they don't even work cause he cuts the signal from them. He said if I wanted to be safe then I can just change the front ones.

Hope this helps save you $$$

Silver_2000
06-12-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by J.D. Blackwell
You can get them at the auto parts store a little cheaper.
Also, I learned something from Jim. When he burns chips he cuts off the rear O2 signal, so they don't even serve a purpose anymore. So all you need is the front ones.

I believe I understood him right. I thought I was having a problem with the rears and he told me they don't even work cause he cuts the signal from them. He said if I wanted to be safe then I can just change the front ones.

Hope this helps save you $$$

Then why does his Exhaust system still retain 4 holes ?

Doug

J.D. Blackwell
06-12-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
Then why does his Exhaust system still retain 4 holes ?

Doug

I guess for the fact that people that want his exhaust and don't have a chip can use it.

L8 APEX
06-12-2003, 09:52 AM
All of the trucks I have scanned with his chips still read the rear O2 data maybe the PCM progem jsut ignores it. They have to read the rear to pass OBD2 emmissions as well.