PDA

View Full Version : borrow a chip?

microsuck
06-14-2003, 10:27 PM
Does anyone want to be a kind soul and let me borrow a chip for my 01 for a few weeks? I have to send mine off to sal to get it redone and there is no way I am going to spend all that time demodding so I can run stock. I will just stay off the gas (challenge of the century). I dont care what config is on it (unless its way funky), just as long as it has some extra boost burned on it. I have a 6# but any program will be better than the stock one. muchas gracious
Andrew

Natetrun
06-15-2003, 12:50 AM
Does anyone want to be a kind soul and let me borrow a chip for my 01 for a few weeks? I have to send mine off to sal to get it redone and there is no way I am going to spend all that time demodding so I can run stock. I will just stay off the gas (challenge of the century). I dont care what config is on it (unless its way funky), just as long as it has some extra boost burned on it. I have a 6# but any program will be better than the stock one. muchas gracious
Andrew

aren't you going to have the bike? you have a pm.

microsuck
06-15-2003, 11:55 AM
aren't you going to have the bike? you have a pm.
yeah, thats true. I got it today. It really needs some tuning on the power commander though. the a/f is showing 12.3 at idle:eek2:
Andrew
ps. I still would love to rent a chip:bows

J.D. Blackwell
06-15-2003, 12:15 PM
Just pull your lower pulley off. You can leave the rest of the stuff on. You should be fine......other then no power. :crying:

microsuck
06-15-2003, 04:45 PM
thats such a huge pain though:crying:
Andrew

Silver_2000
06-15-2003, 05:36 PM
thats such a huge pain though:crying:
Andrew

You could just remove the belt....
Takes 2 seconds
Doug

usahooters
06-15-2003, 07:13 PM
If you keep your foot out of it than there is no extra boost. The L will never know you have a pulley on it if you just drive it normal. You can even stand in it as long as you watch the boost gauge and keep it at stock levels. I have driven my L with mods on it and no chip several times. Your torque reduction will be back on the PCM and other stock settings. As the matter of fact your safer with no chip than with something your not moded for.