PDA

View Full Version : Dark Side

Mac03Cobra
06-20-2003, 04:39 PM
Greetings, I'm was one of those lost soles that was driving an 03 Snake until a fellow L owner layed their hands on me and I was saved! I quickly traded in my Black SC 2003 Cobra for a Black SC 2003 Lightning and all was good again! smile...

I'm a fellow Dallas SVT owner that is looking for a shop in Dallas that will chrome my 03 wheels? I don't think a chrome version of the 03 wheels are available as of yet? Not a big expert on the L's yet, but I'm learning quickly. Some similar stuff between the Cobra and the L, but a lot is different.

And don't let anyone fool you. I get more looks in this L than I ever got in the Cobra. The Cobra is BAD A$$, but having owned both, the L comes out on top in my opinion.

Mac03Cobra

Logan
06-20-2003, 04:44 PM
Welcome aboard!

The L actually has some useful qualities to it... Especially since they raised the payload capacity in the '03s...

Silver_2000
06-20-2003, 05:00 PM
Greetings, I'm was one of those lost soles that was driving an 03 Snake until a fellow L owner layed their hands on me and I was saved! I quickly traded in my Black SC 2003 Cobra for a Black SC 2003 Lightning and all was good again! smile...

I'm a fellow Dallas SVT owner that is looking for a shop in Dallas that will chrome my 03 wheels? I don't think a chrome version of the 03 wheels are available as of yet? Not a big expert on the L's yet, but I'm learning quickly. Some similar stuff between the Cobra and the L, but a lot is different.

And don't let anyone fool you. I get more looks in this L than I ever got in the Cobra. The Cobra is BAD A$$, but having owned both, the L comes out on top in my opinion.

Mac03Cobra

If you dont mind my asking

Why did you switch ?

Doug

cpeapea
06-20-2003, 05:31 PM
imo the cobras have a more reliable motor, but the L's look way cooler and perform just as good for a 5klb truck

Mac03Cobra
06-20-2003, 06:45 PM
imo the cobras have a more reliable motor, but the L's look way cooler and perform just as good for a 5klb truck

Probably... More HP with less displacement... I'm not 100% versed on
the internals of the L motor. I heard the 03 L motor had stronger webbing in the block over prior years? The Snake motor will take 500HP without too much concern. I was around 430-440 HP with the Cobra.

I went with the L over the Snake because it fit my needs more. I want to pull a boat and I use the truck as a daily driver, as I did the Snake. I sold a 98 Snake to get the 03 Cobra, so I've had quite a few Stangs.

There is no comparison of the looks and attraction of the L over the Snake. The L is hands down awesome!

Mac03Cobra

diablolightning
06-21-2003, 01:48 AM
welcome to the board any mods in sight?:confused::burnout:
Miguel