PDA

View Full Version : 99WhiteBeast, hows everthing?

TxBolt
06-23-2003, 05:08 PM
I posted this cause he's having trouble in Houston on a miss in the truck. I called him awhile ago and he said it was missing bad. I hope its not the kinda luck I have been having. Anyway I want to know what the Ford dealership had to say? Tell us the news! Good Luck!!
Tim

Wht95Lightning
06-23-2003, 09:04 PM
I posted this cause he's having trouble in Houston on a miss in the truck. I called him awhile ago and he said it was missing bad. I hope its not the kinda luck I have been having. Anyway I want to know what the Ford dealership had to say? Tell us the news! Good Luck!!
Tim

THAT's not good. Hey Steve, hope it works out and doesn't interfere with what you went down there for.

Crawford
06-23-2003, 09:29 PM
Steve,

Use some duct tape to reattach that plug to the head. Works like a charm! :roll

Sorry to hear you are having engine trouble. :(

99WhiteBeast
06-23-2003, 09:57 PM
What a cluster of a day. I get to my destination in Houston and as soon as I pull off the Freeway my truck is loping like a have a serious cam in it- will barely maintain idle.
I get a buddy to see if it is throwing codes- none other than boost bypass disconnected.

So I disconnect the negative and reset the computer. Seems to be a little better but still not right. Head back on to I45 for the 4 hour commute and get about 30 minutes down the road and the SES light comes on and it is running like crap.:confused:

I decide to get it checked just for piece of mind so I find a Ford dealer (Planet Ford in Springtown- also happen to be SVT and Blue Oval certified).

It was the EGR vacuum line which was in contact with the EGR tube that goes to the exhaust manifold on the drivers side. Melted that puppy clear in half and was causing a lean condition according to the tech.

I guess I may have pushed that line towards the EGR tube will cleaning the engine or something.:hammer:

All repaired and out the door 2 hours later for $80 diagnostic fee.

blueoval01
06-23-2003, 10:05 PM
. Oh man ...... !! Glad your on the way back.
Jeez, if I thought you were gonna be standed down there with the HALO guys, I'd drive down there and tow you back .... :hammer:

microsuck
06-24-2003, 12:53 PM
I always accidently unplug that thing. It starts hissing really bad before it rumbles and misses. Steve, I am dissapointed in you..... I would expect you to pop the hood and nitice that.
Andrew

99WhiteBeast
06-24-2003, 11:14 PM
Yep I should have caught it but with the earlier issues and then the SES I just wanted to make sure it was nothing else.

my2002lightning
06-25-2003, 01:04 AM
Steve,

It's all good! :cool:

At least your back in TALON land and you/TheBeast are well now.

See you at the next TALON meet...

Ronald...

Skank Dog
06-25-2003, 10:54 AM
Steve-
Glad to hear it was nothing serious! I know all too well that queezy sinking feeling you get when your Lightning starts running like crap!:(
I think Tim knows better than anyone, I call him "Lightning Killa".
Ive never seen a Lightning eat more plugs or screw up more than his!!:roll

Later-
Rodney