PDA

View Full Version : We're going to Las Vegas end of July... what to do ?

my2002lightning
06-25-2003, 12:10 AM
...it's my younger brother's wedding.

We're staying at NY,NY (Monday - Friday) and the reception is at the MGM.

When I last graced Vegas with my presence back in '99, I remember this "dealership" with Viper's, etc. on "The Strip". Like ~$400/day..hmm...

What are some of the newer places in LV. to hangout/party ?

Thanks,

Ronald y Elaine

PS: When I was lusting after the Lightnings back in the day and my little brother went out there w/the "in-laws" in '99, he called my cell from The Strip and said he heard this HELLACIOUS exhaust ...turned around and it was a black 2nd Gen.L hauling A$$ down The Strip street-racing !:burnout:

dboat
06-25-2003, 08:06 AM
Shows worth seeing,
Mystere and Blue Man Group

places to eat
Fatburger and In and Out Burger

Fashion Mall is now the largest mall in the country, worth a few moments

Hoover Dam is a good visit and tour

give me some time to think of some other stuff..

oh yeah, ride the roller coaster at NY NY and also go to the Stratosphere and ride the two rides on top of the building there..

wear comfortable walking shoes because you do a lot of walking..

When are you going to be there? there are shows coming and going all the time.

Moonshine
06-25-2003, 10:11 AM
Shows worth seeing,
Mystere and Blue Man Group

Hoover Dam is a good visit and tour

wear comfortable walking shoes because you do a lot of walking..

2nd vote for Mystere. Great show, well worth the $85 or $90 ea. for tickets. :banana:

Hoover Dam was closed to tours due to fears of terrorist attack, but I believe it's now open again. :mad:

Double ditto on the comfortable walking shoes. :tu:

Silver_2000
06-25-2003, 10:52 AM
Dont go see La boheme unless you enjoy seeing 8 attractive, identical, naked women artfully crossing the stage infront of you while the best parts are obscured by arty lighting effects. :rolleyes:

The Penn and teller show was pretty good.

Doug

Red2002
06-27-2003, 08:05 PM
PM me before you come out. I can recommend many different things depending on what your pleasure is.

Renting a Viper isn't a big deal. The rental place will run your CC for about $2000 for verification. Then the rate starts at about $300 per day with an allowance of 50 miles. Then it goes to $1 per mile. Check around for better rates. That's just an example.

FWIW, we're in the middle of a cold front. Only 99 today. Was 114 three weeks ago. :throw: