PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filter

Shiner1
06-25-2003, 11:12 AM
Getting ready to change mine for the first time. Any recomendations on brand, etc...?s

thanks

-- John

Silver_2000
06-25-2003, 11:54 AM
Guy I know has a website with pictures and stuff

http://www.svtlightnings.com/svt/how-to/fuelfilter/fuelfilter.htm

Moonshine
06-25-2003, 12:47 PM
Any recomendations on brand, etc...?s

-- John

Yes, Motorcraft ONLY! I bought an aftermarket filter once. Slight difference in the length of the shafts that plug into the fuel line. Not a problem going on, but when it came time to replace it it took me the better part of two hours to get the damn thing off, as there wasn't enough room between the fittings and the filter to get the removal tool in there.

my2002lightning
06-25-2003, 10:33 PM
Bigg Dogg,

I'm thinking about changing mine as well. It seems simple enough.

Gotta' wash/recharge the stack filter while I'm at it.

Maybe I can watch you change yours and provide moral support of the CL kind! :beer::d

Later...haha!

Ronald

True Blue Aggie
06-26-2003, 12:48 PM
Ronald,

I need to change mine too, so if you kids get together to figure it out, let me know.

Mark #2
06-27-2003, 01:10 PM
Anyone that would like to change their fuel filter.
1) Buy the filter.
2) Drive to WWFB garage with a six pack for me.
3) Wait 10 mins.:)

99WhiteBeast
06-27-2003, 01:18 PM
Mark's the man- if you do it yourself make sure you get the Napa tool- saves lots of headaches:hammer:

my2002lightning
06-27-2003, 05:20 PM
Mark,

WWFB? I might just take you up on that! :beer:

Ronald

blueoval01
06-27-2003, 07:09 PM
If you guys set a confirmed date, I'd like to spectate the event. :cool:
AND I can offer all kinds of good advice on how to keep the underside of your L clean ... :roll

I'll be drinking Marks beer .... uhhhh, me Mark, not HiHoag (Mark #2) :nono:

Mark #2
06-30-2003, 08:38 AM
WWFB= will work for beer. Did you guys change the filters over the weekend?

Shiner1
06-30-2003, 09:40 AM
I was OOT for the weekend, but I'm all for the beer changing, fuel filter drinking...oops! Filter changing, beer drinking, moral supporting get togather.

-- John

my2002lightning
06-30-2003, 04:58 PM
Mark#2,

No, we haven't settled on a time/place. I'm in west Plano.

Should we meet at someone's house/garage?

PM/email me phone #s and we can coordinate. Email is my2002lightning@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Ronald

Mark #2
06-30-2003, 05:03 PM
Mark#2,

No, we haven't settled on a time/place. I'm in west Plano.

Should we meet at someone's house/garage?

PM/email me phone #s and we can coordinate. Email is my2002lightning@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Ronald

Ron,
Can meet at my house on Weds night. I have the "good" tool and we've done many filters. It's not too hard, as Moonshine stated the factory filters are the way to go. I can PM all those interested with a map.

my2002lightning
06-30-2003, 06:30 PM
Mark,

Sounds like a plan! PM me w/your map and time. Earlier in the evening the better for me ...

Name your flavor of barley-pop (as long as it's not a Bud product). It's a Ford/Chevy thing! :hammer::beer::d

Ronald

True Blue Aggie
06-30-2003, 11:28 PM
I'm at Campbell and Plano Rd. What time is everything getting started?

Also, where can you find Motorcraft parts on this side of town? I found a fuel filter from Fram, Purolator, and some cheap ass brand from Autozone....I need some location advise!

Michael

my2002lightning
06-30-2003, 11:54 PM
Michael,

Good to hear from you, Lurker!

I'm not sure since I'm hunting for one now. I do know the part # is FG-98GB though.

I might have to hit Bankston/Middlekauf for an OVER price unit to get the real thing...:hammer:

Showing up at the next TALON meet?

We have about 15 places across DFW where NO-ONE can make up their wishy-washy fussy-b#tch minds where we want to meet.

Join us, won't you? :evil

Alright, sarcasm turned off now...haha ...:d

Ronald

True Blue Aggie
07-01-2003, 12:10 PM
I guess I would ask that someone PM me when a decision is made on where the install will take place. Or be daring and post the address on the forum:nono:.

I will be at the next meeting, and I need to finally meet Terry, because the pocketbook is ready to be used. If you're out there Terry, i'm looking for you...

Mark #2
07-01-2003, 03:49 PM
I guess I would ask that someone PM me when a decision is made on where the install will take place. Or be daring and post the address on the forum:nono:.

I will be at the next meeting, and I need to finally meet Terry, because the pocketbook is ready to be used. If you're out there Terry, i'm looking for you...
Okay, my house on Weds night at 6:00. Only issue might be that the roofers might still be at the house. If you want we could do it at your house. Plano and Campbell? I live about 2 miles from you.

dboat
07-01-2003, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=my2002lightning]
We have about 15 places across DFW where NO-ONE can make up their wishy-washy fussy-b#tch minds where we want to meet.

Ronald,

its easy to be the back seat person on this one.. since the only thing you posted on it was

skin to win...

even your wife was more involved... :throw:

Lets see you come up with some good places and ideas to add to the others...
then lets have a beer together bud...:beer:

Dana

my2002lightning
07-01-2003, 06:13 PM
Dana,

I was just being facetious! Bonedaddy's is fine. As long as we all get to hang out and talk Ls...it's all good!

I'll have to research some other places to possibly meet in the future and post up. I have to TRY to keep it PG-13! :nono::hammer::d

Looking fwd to BDs and having a brew w/ya!

Ronald

PS: "Wife" ? My "cell-mate" at work calls Laney the same thing! Hmm...

dboat
07-01-2003, 06:19 PM
Ronald

PS: "Wife" ? My "cell-mate" at work calls Laney the same thing! Hmm...[/QUOTE]

well you are common law married in this state... :evil:evil:evil

True Blue Aggie
07-01-2003, 08:41 PM
Only reason why is the spare bathroom is being upgraded at the moment, and if I sprung on the wife that a bunch of people were coming over, she would not be so happy.:flaming:

And yes, I have explained to her MANY times before that it is just a bunch of guys, but to no avail.

E-mail or PM me the address to the house, and I will be there around 6:00-6:30.

Michael