PDA

View Full Version : Frame is worse then I thought

J.D. Blackwell
06-25-2003, 03:51 PM
Took it to another body shop for an estimate. The frame is bent in sections about 10 or 12 times throughout the entire frame. Looks like the bed buckled with it and it is ruined. She will be going to a pro in Longview next week. Wish her luck. :(

Crawford
06-25-2003, 04:54 PM
Took it to another body shop for an estimate. The frame is bent in sections about 10 or 12 times throughout the entire frame. Looks like the bed buckled with it and it is ruined. She will be going to a pro in Longview next week. Wish her luck. :(

Sounds like its totaled to me. Better call your insurance company and tell them its going to be way more than that the crappy 8 grand they quoted.

dboat
06-25-2003, 06:07 PM
Sounds like its totaled to me. Better call your insurance company and tell them its going to be way more than that the crappy 8 grand they quoted.

From what has bee posted, I agree.. hopefully you can get 29 grand like Diablo..

blueoval01
06-25-2003, 06:25 PM
Oh Man!!!
Justin, that truck will never be the same. I don't care if you take it to a shop and the tech's name is Jehovah. No anti-whatever intended here, but if it is THAT bent, it should be totaled.

My 0.02 worth

wesman
06-25-2003, 08:42 PM
What the hell did I miss ???:confused:

--wes

blueoval01
06-25-2003, 08:50 PM
What the hell did I miss ???:confused:

--wes
.......... "The frame is bent in sections about 10 or 12 times throughout the entire frame. Looks like the bed buckled with it and it is ruined "

wesman
06-25-2003, 10:06 PM
.......... "The frame is bent in sections about 10 or 12 times throughout the entire frame. Looks like the bed buckled with it and it is ruined "

lol...that's the part I caught. What led to this ?

--wes

L8 APEX
06-25-2003, 10:20 PM
lol...that's the part I caught. What led to this ?

--wes
Story is JD was showing off for some friends and jumped through a ditch into the air and into the woods. Or something like that:hammer:. He is thinking about fixing it himself but it is looking more like the best financial choice is to have it totalled and either buy it back or swap the drivetrain before it goes to scrap yard.

wesman
06-25-2003, 11:29 PM
Story is JD was showing off for some friends and jumped through a ditch into the air and into the woods. Or something like that:hammer:. He is thinking about fixing it himself but it is looking more like the best financial choice is to have it totalled and either buy it back or swap the drivetrain before it goes to scrap yard.

Doh!!! Sorry JD....let me know if you need anything

--wes

J.D. Blackwell
06-26-2003, 08:38 AM
Doh!!! Sorry JD....let me know if you need anything

--wes

Yeah, what I need is a miracle. :crying:

wesman
06-26-2003, 09:45 AM
Yeah, what I need is a miracle. :crying:

I'm very sorry to hear about it. I know how long it's been for you to get everything going right and all the money it's cost....and then this happens :mad:

Hopefully the insurance company will at least take care of you....make sure you get all your goodies out before they take, cause they wont give you squat for them...been through that before with my old insurance company.

--wes

J.D. Blackwell
06-26-2003, 10:10 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about it. I know how long it's been for you to get everything going right and all the money it's cost....and then this happens :mad:

Hopefully the insurance company will at least take care of you....make sure you get all your goodies out before they take, cause they wont give you squat for them...been through that before with my old insurance company.

--wes

I am not too worried. It will get fixed. Going to do a few things to her since she will be down and out. Billet upper and lower grills, Street Scene, bed steps, roll pan, bed caps, wiper cowl, and I am going to try to back half this biatch. 4 link setup with coil overs. Got to fabricate another cross member though. Also might go to a 8.8 rear end with 33 spline axles, spool, etc... All that setup should shave 200 lbs. Bad thing is that I will have to run a fuel cell, new fuel lines, inline pump etc., because the stock tank will be in the way of the 4 link. And it is a known fact that a 8.8 takes a lot less horsepower do drive then that dang 9 3/4" we have. I will put the stall in too. And offset the wheels so they tuck inside the fender well where I can drop it way down. Should get some 1.3 60ft. maybe.:) Wish me luck......... :d

L8 APEX
06-26-2003, 10:22 AM
You have to make the decision but the effect will be taking any resale value out of the truck if you go with the above stated plan. You will own it forever and sink bunches more in it. Which is fine if that is your wish. I try to keep some resale value in a vehicle I don't own yet:rolleyes:. I don't know your $$ situation but if you made a comp claim at least it would be fixed or totalled either way you would have a $18-25K dollar asset/check at that point vs. diddly. Hope my ramblings are intelligable:tongue:

dboat
06-26-2003, 10:29 AM
You have to make the decision but the effect will be taking any resale value out of the truck if you go with the above stated plan. You will own it forever and sink bunches more in it. Which is fine if that is your wish. I try to keep some resale value in a vehicle I don't own yet:rolleyes:. I don't know your $$ situation but if you made a comp claim at least it would be fixed or totalled either way you would have a $18-25K dollar asset/check at that point vs. diddly. Hope my ramblings are intelligable:tongue:

Made perfect sense to me... and I am the conservative one that wont do a lot of mods just for that reason..

JD, only you know what is right for you.. you will make the best decision.. Good Luck with your project.. it will kick arse when its done..
Dana

J.D. Blackwell
06-26-2003, 10:32 AM

Well, everyone says since I gone this far then keep it. So I might as well do what I planned. Also I own this truck now, I payed off the lien holder 2 weeks ago so it is all mine. And also I planned on keeping it forever. And what I am doing to it won't make it any less streetable except for the spool really. 100% daily driver if I wanted it to be, so I don't see anything wrong with altering a few things. I understand what your saying though, but hell you only live once. And I am not really going to be out that much money on all the stuff I am doing to it.

wesman
06-26-2003, 10:36 AM

I agree...get the insurance money out of it and then buy it back...it sounds totaled from what I've read...hard to tell from just words tho...have any pics ?

Also I assume you own the truck outright...I figured most people that did big builds etc own the truck.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

--wes

J.D. Blackwell
06-26-2003, 10:42 AM
Hey guys, this truck is not totaled. I already tried. The insurance company won't total it. They will replace the frame before they total it. I have been on the phone countless hours discussing it with them. Since I upped my insurance a few months ago and since the truck only has 20,000 miles on it, they won't do it. Sorry. That is why I am doing what I am doing now. I will come out alright. Don't worry.

Wht95Lightning
06-26-2003, 08:21 PM
Hey guys, this truck is not totaled. I already tried. The insurance company won't total it. They will replace the frame before they total it. I have been on the phone countless hours discussing it with them. Since I upped my insurance a few months ago and since the truck only has 20,000 miles on it, they won't do it. Sorry. That is why I am doing what I am doing now. I will come out alright. Don't worry.

This whole situation has got to be stessful as hell. Make sure you get a check from the insurance company for "loss of value" after it's repaired.