PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix of Atlanta

99WhiteBeast
06-29-2003, 04:27 PM
Just attended my first big time road course event at Road Atlanta- it was incredible:tu:

They had 4 classes of cars (GT,GTP,LMM, and some other) all racing at the same time hitting speeds of 200+ in some of the straights.

It was all sponsored by Cheby so no Stangs in the series but plenty of bad boys (Vettes, Vipers, Porsche's, Ferrari's,and Panoz's).

They also had a local car show (mostly rice) and was able to meet a fellow L owner from NLOC/150online(QuickBrick).

Overall the expercience was very :cool: and would recommend it highly to anyone if you get the chance!:nana2

L8 APEX
06-29-2003, 11:49 PM
Road Atlanta is one of my favorite road courses. You definately get your workout walking up and down and around the track. I usually go to the end of the year event in October. Did the C5 Registry and GM have the hospitality tent and Corvette Corral open?

99WhiteBeast
06-30-2003, 09:10 AM
Yep but only if you paid for VIP access. There was a local vette club in attendence- about 40 or so vettes from all C types were represented:cool:

You think Texas is hot- walking around that track in this sultry Georgia heat is a whipping of untold proportions.

dboat
06-30-2003, 10:19 AM
Well I lived in Houston for 35 yrs.. There are a few places that have it beat but not many and certainly not Hotlanta..