PDA

View Full Version : Raced a Saleen s281 today

StormShadow
07-06-2003, 07:14 PM
I was coming from waxahachie today and met up with a new body style DSG saleen. The guy driving had his g/f with him and since she is getting a L next week she wanted to see it run.We got on the highway and slowed to about 40mph. I hammered it first, thinking that i didnt stand a chance against his mustang. I quickly got out in front and could hear his blower screaming as he tried to catch up. I would say that i was about a car length ahead when i let off at about 100 .Then we lined up again and he got first move from about 40 or 50mph. He jumped out to where his rear bumper was even with my door and i hit the gas and passed him completely by the time we hit 100. I slowed down and got beside them again to give the thumbs up. The girl had the biggest smile on her face and they guy was just nodding his head giving me the thumbs up back. There is nothing like the sound of two supercharged Fords playing in the street!!! I gotta say one thing. That was a sweet looking stang.:cool: Anyone know how fast they are?

Sixpipes
07-06-2003, 08:28 PM
I think a stock Saleen s-281 puts out something like 285 horsepower. They're pretty quick. I ran one at Ennis years ago stock for stock and beat him by a couple of lengths in the quarter. Most of the advantage was at the start. Modded, they can be real nasty. :cool:

microsuck
07-06-2003, 08:36 PM
iv'e never had one beat me....

blueoval01
07-06-2003, 09:45 PM
I think a stock Saleen s-281 puts out something like 285 horsepower. They're pretty quick. I ran one at Ennis years ago stock for stock and beat him by a couple of lengths in the quarter. Most of the advantage was at the start. Modded, they can be real nasty. :cool:
What have they got that gives them "Salen" status?

Sixpipes
07-06-2003, 10:40 PM
What have they got that gives them "Salen" status?
Supercharger, body kit, suspension, and tastefully done graphics. I think that's pretty close to being correct, but I'm sure someone who knows Saleens will chime in. :cool:

cpeapea
07-06-2003, 11:06 PM
they have m90's too not like the cobra m112

diablolightning
07-06-2003, 11:33 PM
I raced one under the spring creek and 75 bridge last summer from a role cause he kept trying to talk about the cars and I just wanted to run. He didn't hit it of the line but as we roled out and I hit it right after him and put like 1.5 cars on him right thenand then turned to 2 and some change. Like my friend says "I knocked his d*ck in the dirt and he unfortunatly had to go back andpick up his balls" ; ) People underestimate the power of the L in the low puch area 20-40mph. 20mph was my personal favorite cause the truck just pulls hella hard and most of the time spun the tires a little.

Crawford
07-06-2003, 11:51 PM
They come in supercharged and N/A versions. The N/A version is 285. I dont know how much the SCed version is but its up there, maybe 325? Good kill BTW.

usahooters
07-07-2003, 10:05 PM
Just a little info,

S281 is a 4.6 2V engine like the GT's have not line the Cobra motor. Its 285 HP with power pulley's, air filter, 3.27:1 gears, X pipe and performace exhaust and a lot of other suspension stuff and all.

The S281 S/C is also the 4.6 2V motor with a Roots type S/C on it m90 as someone stated with 365 HP, Saleens chip, filter and so on.

Now watch out for the S-281E 425 HP S/C with a built motor. This car should fly and Im sure there is some fat to be trimed away as well.

If you want to know more you can check it out here,

http://www.saleen.com/home/home_set.htm?x=1