PDA

View Full Version : The Dogg has been put down

Shiner1
07-09-2003, 01:39 PM
The Bigg Doog has been laid to rest. I have changed my user name from Dr BiggDogg to Shiner1. The dogg nickname was an old military handle that doesn't really fit any more and when you are pressed to come up with a name....god help you. Anyway, Shiner seems to fit in better with my current state of confusion. Either that or it contributes to it..

:beer:

Let's do some drag'in Friday night. They have a new track in Denton

-- John

andy_cain
07-09-2003, 03:08 PM
Let's do some drag'in Friday night. They have a new track in Denton

-- John

Is it 1/4 track or just 1/8th?

Shiner1
07-09-2003, 04:53 PM
They have remodeled the 1/8th. They moved the entire track back, built a new tower, staging area and extended the shut down area. The staging area, start line and first 600ft or so is new asphalt. They are trying to get the big, big boys in there and needed the longer shut down space. I was out last week end to watch the Pro-Mods run and there was a new track record set, 4.26 @180. plus. The track was slicker than $hit and cars were bouncing off the rails like rubber balls.

-- John

andy_cain
07-09-2003, 05:31 PM
They have remodeled the 1/8th. ... I was out last week end to watch the Pro-Mods run and there was a new track record set, 4.26 @180. plus. The track was slicker than $hit and cars were bouncing off the rails like rubber balls.

-- John

That really makes me wanna take my "L" there:Bullshit

wesman
07-09-2003, 08:04 PM
That really makes me wanna take my "L" there:Bullshit

lol...yeah, not making me want to go play slip and slide either.

Did they finally pave all the gravel crap that led into it ? Nothing like getting paint chips and crap all over your truck before even getting to the pits.

Another question, why didn't they just make it a 1/4 mile track ? It sounds liek they did a big remodel, a 1/4 mile track would have been a good idea...they would definitely pull a lot of the racers from Ennis....the drive to Denton sucks.....but not near as bad as the drive to Ennis.

I still think they need a 1/4 mile track at TMS :)

--wes

Shiner1
07-09-2003, 10:24 PM
New entry, no more gravel road. I agree with the 1/4

Silver_2000
07-09-2003, 11:57 PM
Not enough room for a 1/4 ....

Shiner1
07-10-2003, 08:28 AM
There maybe enough now ,but that would really reduce the shut
down area they just created.

-- John

my2002lightning
07-10-2003, 06:06 PM
New entry, no more gravel road. I agree with the 1/4

Yeah, that old gravel entry wasn't exactly good for Z-Rated tires either...

And another thing, you'd think that people would be fed up with a SLICK track and mgt would get the hint.

"Prep the track properly !" :hammer:

Ronald