PDA

View Full Version : Ennis, anyone?

TXBLU
07-10-2003, 09:55 PM
I was talking to a couple of friends of mine today at the hangar, and it seems that there are some interesting machines heading to Ennis tomorrow night. I talked to my wife tonight and she said I could go if I wanted to. (What a deal, huh?) Anyhow, one guy is bringing his '65 Comet (460 big block, tubbed, roll bar, slammed.), another a POS-looking Taurus with a whole lot-o-turbo (it spanks more that its fair share on top, just can't launch well), a fairly modded L (Mark, you know who you are), maybe a couple of Mustangs, my L, and I might trailer my TL-R to see what I can do with it.

Anyone interested?:burnout:

TXBLU
07-11-2003, 08:23 AM
Correction on the Taurus; it's supercharged, not turbocharged. Paxton, I believe. Not too good in the 1/8th, supposedly strong in the 1/4. We'll see.

99WhiteBeast
07-11-2003, 03:59 PM
Eric,
If you go let me know- I might go down for some spectating tonight:cool:

tliss
07-11-2003, 04:22 PM
Eric,
If you go let me know- I might go down for some spectating tonight:cool:

Steve, I'm probably going. Spectating for sure for me. I'll call you in a few.

Tom

my2002lightning
07-11-2003, 05:38 PM
We're headed out now ! See you in a few min. at Hooter's in Plano/75.

See you girls there !

Ronald y Elaine ...

PS: Tom, that's what you said last time. You hooked up w/us after we got in the gates and said you teched in and were ready to go! :confused::nana2

tliss
07-12-2003, 10:33 AM
Last night I merely spectated. Decent crowd out there last night. If we had teched in we could have gotten many runs in.

TXBLU, we saw you drive by a few times but you never came by. We were in the middle of the pits hanging out and :beer:.

Tom

TXBLU
07-12-2003, 02:31 PM
Last night I merely spectated. Decent crowd out there last night. If we had teched in we could have gotten many runs in.

TXBLU, we saw you drive by a few times but you never came by. We were in the middle of the pits hanging out and :beer:.

Tom

Sorry about that. I was hanging with some guys from work. Did you see the red '65 Comet run? I think that was one of the best looking cars out there. He got down to 13.1s in the heat. I could only manage a 13.96 with my stock truck. My friends seem to think that's about right for a stock L.

I saw some other L's out there, but I haven't been to enough meetings to know what all you folks look like. I was also wanting to run my bike, but it seems I have gotten a bit too wide of beam to fit into my old roadrace leathers. Plus, I didn't even bring a jacket. Next time I will run it, until they make me park it for blowing through the 120mph/leather pants limit.

I didn't get back onto my computer before I left the house, so I really wasn't sure if anyone from here was going to show up. Next time I will try harder to get there early enough so I can stop by and say hi to all the L folks.

See Ya!!!:burnout: