PDA

View Full Version : Engine Cut Out

bobbywade69
07-12-2003, 08:22 AM
I Have A Stock 2000 Lightning And I Have A Problem Can Someone Please Help Me!!!
When At Wot From A Stand Still Only When I Have Major Tire Spin The Motor Will Cut Out For About A Sec Or Two And Then Come Back In Full, It Only Does It Under Wot And Heavy Tire Spin, I Put I Boost Bypass On And Still Did Not Help. Can Someone Please Help Me Out. Thank You Very Much!
Bobby

L8 APEX
07-12-2003, 08:33 AM
I Have A Stock 2000 Lightning And I Have A Problem Can Someone Please Help Me!!!
When At Wot From A Stand Still Only When I Have Major Tire Spin The Motor Will Cut Out For About A Sec Or Two And Then Come Back In Full, It Only Does It Under Wot And Heavy Tire Spin, I Put I Boost Bypass On And Still Did Not Help. Can Someone Please Help Me Out. Thank You Very Much!
Bobby
Don't spin so badly. If you have a bypass kit then it is not the computer killing boost. It may be shifting to second then back to first by the speed sensor.

Sixpipes
07-12-2003, 10:59 AM
BobbyMy truck used to do that when it was stock (that's been a while back :)), but all I did was disconnect the boost sensor (or whatever that electrical thingy is called) and it cured the problem. No big deal, just the price you pay for having a little fun. :cool: