PDA

View Full Version : Alignment??

Badcarma
07-15-2003, 01:19 PM
I accidently put this under the up coming events...must of thought it would be a group progect:roll. The L know has the dreaded thud in the front end, and it is starting to pull to the right. I need to know from you guy's who have had thier front end done if I need to buy the chambers or will the shop do this that does the alignments? Any good alignment shops around? I remember this whole topic a year ago, but forgot all the details of what I will need to correct the problem.

Thanks! Scott

99WhiteBeast
07-15-2003, 01:49 PM
Scott,
I'll be glad to help install Herb's washers and the camber bolts from NAPA if you get the parts.

As far as alignment goes any competent shop should be able to do it but I would recommend Champion Spring in Ft Worth. They've been around since the 20's and have a great reputation.

I had them re-arch my rear leafs today on my Gen1 due to a sagging problem on one side and they did an excellent job.

I'll dig up the part numbers you need from NAPA and Herb's wahsers can be found over at NLOC under the vendor section
Steve

99WhiteBeast
07-15-2003, 01:59 PM
#264-2953
You'll need 2 sets (4 bolts total- upper/lower each side)

I checked over at NLOC and no longer see a forum for Herb's washers.
I'll check around and see what the deal is.

Ford's fix (torque the hell out of star washer) is part #F65Z-3C176-AA works for some but I went with Herb's washers which fill the oblong hole and prevent side to side movement.

dboat
07-15-2003, 02:58 PM
Hey Dana,

I make them out of 303 SS with NO corrosion to worry about.

If you would like a set, Please send a Check or Money Order for $30.00. I
will ship them as soon as I get the money. I pay for shipping them out by US
First Class mail in the US and they usually get to you quickly. If you need
them sent faster, then include the extra money for the way you want them
sent ( FedEx overnight, FedEx 2nd day, Priority US Mail, Overnight
US Mail. If you live outside the US, please send the extra money for the
cost of postage.

David Lynn
301 Katherine St.
Grovetown,GA. 30813

I would appreciate, if you see a post on any of the forums(F150online, NLOC,
SVT, F150world, etc) asking about clunk washers, you would tell them to get
the washers from me and/or give them my E-Mail address.

The TSB number for the dealer warranty repair is TSB 00-25-08. Are you going
to do the work yourself or take it to the dealer? If you are going to do the
work yourself, I can send you a copy of the TSB warranty info that the Ford
Dealer Techs use to fix the problem, include the dealers instructions and
links to pictures of the install process.

If the dealer is going to do the work, Just give them the TSB #. The dealer
will probably have to order the TSB Ford washers first and the day that they
are going to do the warranty work, ask them to use your washers.

Here's a link for install pictures... This will explain where the washers
go.

http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=575595 (http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=575595)
Thanks,
David (DL)
dplynn@bellsouth.net (dplynn@bellsouth.net)

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dana Boatman
> Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 3:31 PM
> To: dplynn@bellsouth.net (dplynn@bellsouth.net)
> Subject: Washers for Lightning
>
> I would like to buy some..
>

99WhiteBeast
07-15-2003, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the info Dana- looks like Herb is no longer making the washers so they are now David's washers.

I think I paid like $50 for Herb's back in 99

Badcarma
07-15-2003, 06:13 PM
Steve,

I my take you up on that.....trade for lunch and beer! I'm sure it's not hard, but it goes faster with someone who has done it before. Should I go with Dana's 303 parts or is there someplace closer? It looks like a regular round washer, should be able to match it here in dallas?

Thanks! Scott

99WhiteBeast
07-15-2003, 06:24 PM
Sounds like a plan.

Those washers are not regular by any means. They are a machined piece of stainless that fills the oblong hole and keeps the new cam bolts from sliding side to side. You need to order those washers from David in GA per Dana's(dboat) post

If the gallery was up I would post a pic so you can see what I'm talking about.

Let me know when you're ready.

dboat
07-15-2003, 07:06 PM
as they are not installed yet.. they arent just ordinary washers... you need to get them from David.. he takes checks and money orders... no paypal.. but he gets them back out to you pretty fast..

Dana

Badcarma
08-01-2003, 01:46 AM
I finally got around to sending money off to David Lynn today!! Hope it doesn't take to long to get them here. Thanks to Dana and Steve for the info. Hopefully I will get time away from work and buy you guy's some beverages:D a one of the meetings soon.

Talk to ya later!

Scott

dboat
08-01-2003, 05:33 AM
I finally got around to sending money off to David Lynn today!! Hope it doesn't take to long to get them here. Thanks to Dana and Steve for the info. Hopefully I will get time away from work and buy you guy's some beverages:D a one of the meetings soon.

Talk to ya later!

Scott

Scott, gonna make the meeting next week? Terry is installing my washers this week... glad I could help.
Dana