PDA

View Full Version : One of my Okla. 01 L guys needs engine help !

my2002lightning
07-15-2003, 10:25 PM
Albert (A-Lightning) just called me back (red '01 L in Norman/OKC) and he says he hasn't driven his L in almost a month b/c one of his cyl. is leaking oil, etc but isn't throwing codes AND is down almost 25 HP!

He says the dealers in OKC and, in all likeliehood Tulsa, will give him the same run-around.

Albert's kinda' tight with some of the " Old School" HALO guys (Andre/Wyldman) and they offered to help, but I thought I would put the word out for him here on the TALON board and hopefully get it fixed closer to home.

He's willing to take off a week of vacation to JUST get the L fixed up for the '03 Topeka L-Fest.

Thanks for any help!

Ronald

L8 APEX
07-15-2003, 11:36 PM
Conspiring with Okee's is not allowed in Texas:nono:. What does he mean by leaking oil, why doesn't he get a dealer to fix it. And what does he want done to his truck?

my2002lightning
07-15-2003, 11:59 PM
Terry,

I'm not sure which side of the "fence" I am nowadays! :D

The dealer says they put a "scope" down a plug hole and saw oil around a valve guide or something. :confused: Dunno...

He has taken it to the dealers around OKC, but they know he's chipped and "mildly" modded (didn't say the tuner, but NGKs).

Ronald

L8 APEX
07-16-2003, 12:42 AM
He should either buy a PCM and try to get it covered or just live with oil consumption. If it is a valve guide seal you have to pull the front of the motor apart, remove camshaft, springs, seals, then reinstall. It is probably a $6-800 job.

A-Lightning
07-16-2003, 08:47 AM
Thanks Ronald! I haven't discussed this with any of the HALO guys yet.
(About getting it fixed there!) The dealers have given me the runaround from day one! NO MODS, that would cause a valve stem seal to leak or a valve guide to wear out! :( I guess it's a big job for them to do under warranty, NONE of the techs what to do it! Doesn't pay enough, I guess!
BUT a 32,000$ truck ought to be fixed! :( It has been this way for 1-1/2 years now, I'm about ready to buy Chevy!!!

Albert

dboat
07-16-2003, 10:07 AM
If you are willing to take a week off. then bring it to a dealer in Dallas.. I am sure Ronald will keep you beered up for the week.. :beer:

Dana

my2002lightning
07-16-2003, 08:42 PM
Dana,

Hey, we OKIEs need to stick together, partay, rejoice in go-fast Ls and all that is good! ... and stuff ... :d:beer:

Albert's a bass fisherman as we fish for anything that BITES and puts up a fight !

Ronald y Elaine