PDA

View Full Version : So I almost got snuffed out today...

Logan
07-24-2003, 07:12 PM
...Yep, I was but a few feet from being wiped out permanently today. The Harley wasn't so lucky.

18 Wheeler VS F150 Supercrew.

18 Wheel, 48 ft fully loaded gravel truck won.

I've little doubt the truck will be totalled, their initial examination determined it'll at a minimum need an entire frame, complete rear suspension, everything behind the cab replaced (Bed, bumpers, tires, rims, etc etc). The front suspension is trashed as the truck was spun into a ditch, almost flipped and then bounced back onto the road. Both airbags deployed after hitting the ditch, the engine went to WOT as well for some reason and there were some pretty nasty noises being made.

He got a bent bumper for his trouble. Truck had left the road to via a wide turn to the left into a open lot and then did a 90 degree turn to go down the narrow side street on the right hand side of the street without looking and ran head on into the drivers side of my truck as I passed him.

No signals, off the road, left me with no clue that he was about to cut back the other way whatsoever. Cop cited him for an illegal right turn. Whoop-dee-doo... Had I not of floored it just before impact, he would've put his rig right smack between my eyeballs.

Fortunately, I'm leaving on vacation for 10 days tomorrow and hopefully they'll of totalled it by then and I'll go get vehicle number 82673 for the year...

Bastards. Damn thing had less than 2000 miles on it. I've already had two salvage dealers call me asking to buy it.

98Cobra
07-24-2003, 07:33 PM
Yikes. Glad you are ok Logan!

Dare I ask if there are pics?

Logan
07-24-2003, 07:36 PM
No pics, didn't have the camera with me. It's over at John Eagle Collision off Lemmon...

my2002lightning
07-24-2003, 07:54 PM
Whoa, Logan! :eek2:

Sorry about the truck! You banged up any physically?

Ouch!

Logan
07-24-2003, 08:48 PM
My right forearm and shoulder are pretty sore now, it'll be off to the Doctor in the morning...

my2002lightning
07-24-2003, 09:13 PM
Just curious... where'd this happen?

wesman
07-24-2003, 10:19 PM
Cars are replaceable, people aren't .....glad you're ok Logan....sorry about the truck :(

--wes

wesman
07-24-2003, 10:33 PM

Crawford
07-24-2003, 10:46 PM
Damn man, glad to hear you are safe. Your right forearm probably hurts from the airbag deployment. I speak from experience on that one... those F150 airbags are powerful. They can probably clone you a new shoulder. Seriously, glad you are alright. Sorry about the HD. Maybe you can go out and get the two tone silver aniversary edition or something. :tu:

L8 APEX
07-24-2003, 11:55 PM
:eek2:Son of a biatch! You never know when it is your turn out there.. David won't be happy about this:roll Guess he won't be buying his truck back later on. Any wreck you walk away from is a good wreck. I would also get the "Texas Hammer, Jim Adler". Commercial insurance pays well:beer:.
As far as PR is concerned we are glad you choose the 6# pulley last weekend:burnout:If you need me to swing by their shop and de-mod her while you are gone just let me know:tu: That's customer service! The Blinder, V1, and 6# must be saved! I would remove the V1 ASAP before it walks away.
To close, glad you were not snuffed out, and I will help however I can. Enjoy, the MapleLeaf country:beer:

diablolightning
07-25-2003, 12:03 AM
thaqt relly sucks I know how it feels to see the truck after you walk or in my case climb out of the truck. Hope everything turns for the best.

Logan
07-25-2003, 07:11 AM
Terry, I might just take you up on that. I'll call you once I hear what they're going to do with it.

I grabbed the V1, but the hardwire is still there obviously, along with the Blinder is still installed, boost gauge & bed rug. The L tails and 3rd brake light will be coming off and the 6lber... The snuglid will most likely get replaced or reimbursed in the settlement.

My arm's a little sore this morning, but certainly nothing worth *****ing about. I'm going to a doctor just to tell em it hurts so there's at least record of it if it gets worse it the coming days...

99WhiteBeast
07-25-2003, 07:45 AM
I'm glad you're OK Logan and be thankful the twins we're not with you.

Those damn gravel haulers think they own the road:throw:

dboat
07-25-2003, 08:12 AM
what a sad and terrifying story. Kim and I are just glad that you are ok, or at least seem to be at this point.
Kim and I really liked your truck, it was beautiful.
Dana

Moonshine
07-25-2003, 09:31 AM
Very glad to hear you're not seriously injured. Lousy deal, but easily could have been much worse.

Shiner1
07-25-2003, 12:17 PM
Glad you were not hurt seriously. Get some R&R while you are gone.

-- John

Mark #2
07-25-2003, 01:31 PM
Same here Logan, glad that you are okay. Shame about the truck, but it is just a truck.

andy_cain
07-25-2003, 08:55 PM
glad you are ok Logan...that totaly sux about your HD.:(
That was one sweet ride...personally, I hope you get another.
Next years HD will be on the F250 and you hade the best looking color IMHO.
Enjoy you time away...bring back some cooler weather for us would ya:D

George G.
07-25-2003, 09:55 PM
glad you are ok Logan...that totaly sux about your HD.:(
That was one sweet ride...personally, I hope you get another.
Next years HD will be on the F250 and you hade the best looking color IMHO.
Enjoy you time away...bring back some cooler weather for us would ya:D

Glad no one was hurt man. I envious of that truck. You mind posting the VIN so I know to stay away from that one when I go shopping for one?

Logan
07-26-2003, 04:25 PM
I doubt you'll need to worry about it. The thing is most likely going to be totalled.

Sixpipes
07-26-2003, 04:37 PM
Look at it this way, you got to put 2,000 miles on it which is more than you usually drive a vehicle before selling again. The weird thing is I thought you got away from all those gravel trucks when you left Keller. Glad you're doing well and hope it didn't permanently damage your demented sense of humor.http://www.fordvschevy.com/forum/images/smilies/gnarly.gif

dboat
07-26-2003, 05:06 PM
did the doc clear you?

blueoval01
07-26-2003, 05:39 PM
......... and hope it didn't permanently damage your demented sense of humor.http://www.fordvschevy.com/forum/images/smilies/gnarly.gif

Amen !!! :bows