PDA

View Full Version : "Raced" a Chevy SS

Mark #2
08-01-2003, 05:33 PM
Someone at work thought that they had a fast truck. 4-6 truck lengths by 70.
Followed me to the beer store after to see what I had in my truck. Totally stock.:)
Oh, and I was granted another Patent today.

Mark

Crawford
08-01-2003, 06:16 PM
Well no one can beat the WWFB Silver Bullet. :tongue:

Congrats on the kill and the patent man!

blueoval01
08-01-2003, 06:17 PM
Followed me to the beer store after to see what I had in my truck. Totally stock.:)

Mark
That's fantastic, Mark.
:tu:
Can you ellaberate on the patent?

Mark #2
08-01-2003, 06:36 PM
That's fantastic, Mark.
:tu:
Can you ellaberate on the patent?

Sure, but meaningless to most.
Integrated Circuit Capacitor and Memory.

Back in the days before we sold the memory group.
It takes about 5 years to get patent awards.
Mark

Silver_2000
08-01-2003, 07:41 PM
Congrats on the Patent. :bows

I had a kid in a wife beater Tshirt, A early 80's Chevy Pickup in Full Grey primer pull up next to me the other day and rev his engine. Sounded like he had punched holes in his muffler for the effect. We'll he's staring at me reving his engine. Why dont these idiots do that when Im NOT trailering my boat ? I guess he figured he had a shot since I was at a 5000 lb weight disadvantage...

I have said it before BUT I think my tranny is slipping. If I get on the throttle at a light it takes off ok but wont spin the tires and after it rolls about 30 feet the accleration picks up quite a bit. As if the tranny isnt grabbing 100% till the line pressure builds up.

Doug

Sixpipes
08-01-2003, 09:32 PM

Mark
Man, congratulations Mark. I didn't even know your wife was pregnant. :tu:

L8 APEX
08-01-2003, 10:23 PM
How many miles are on your Level 10 rebuild Doug?

Silver_2000
08-01-2003, 11:26 PM
How many miles are on your Level 10 rebuild Doug?
Ok - My paranoia is running full tilt now... I was just going to get some ice and gas for tomorrow and I did a little testing.

Well after a disapointing launch or 2 from a stop and after deciding the trans was cooked by pulling the boat and the racing. I remembered I didnt have my chip in. So I stopped - installed the chip and retested. We'll - Lets just say im an idiot and the mosquito population of North Carrollton is lower now...:)

:burnout::burnout:

The truck is doing ok ... I need my head examined but the truck is fine...

dboat
08-02-2003, 02:11 AM
We'll - Lets just say im an idiot and the mosquito population of North Carrollton is lower now...:)

:burnout::burnout:

The truck is doing ok ... I need my head examined but the truck is fine...

Just dont let that post hit F150online,,, the boys over there will have a field day with that one.... :evil

but we love you here....

glad you got that resolved...

rickgig
08-02-2003, 07:18 PM

Mark

Mark:

Another patent??? Don't know what you do but I think you might be able to help me if you are willing... I got a few ideas and need to look into patents for them...

More than likely a breif call will work... reply if you're up for it and we'll figure out a way to connect...

Thanks

Moonshine
08-04-2003, 01:34 PM
Mark, congrats on another patent. :tu: If I can't be smart at least I can claim to know folks who are smart.

Doug, thanks for helping with the West Nile virus. Glad you figured that one out. ;)

Mark #2
08-04-2003, 01:38 PM
Mark, congrats on another patent. :tu: If I can't be smart at least I can claim to know folks who are smart.

Moonshine, I think that I'm proof that there isn't any correlation between smartness and the ability to get patents, but thanks anyway.:). Wow, and I just hit 500 posts with this one.