PDA

View Full Version : Car wash-doh!

99WhiteBeast
08-04-2003, 01:04 PM
My daughter is coaching a 6th grade cheerleading squad and had a car wash this past weekend at Autozone to raise some funds.

Of course I go out to support it and ask what kind of soap the are using. The moms state they got all there stuff from Autozone so I assume IT was a car "type" wash.

About the time the girls are soaping up the car I notice a bottle of "DAWN" dishwashing soap over in the corner (that is what they were actually using):nono:

There goes the 3 coats of Zanio I put on the Stang a few weeks back:hammer:

**For those that don't know Dawn strips the wax and polish off cars

andy_cain
08-04-2003, 02:00 PM
From a fellow "Z" user...I feel your pain:mad:

Kinda makes ya want to go drag race the thing though doesn't it...figure if you have to start over with the "Z", might as well really get her dirty so you can help justify the need to start the polishing over ... right:D

dboat
08-04-2003, 02:28 PM
I thought that you had to take Z off with alcohol..and that Dawn wouldnt do it.. Wayne, Mr Zaino, isnt that right?

andy_cain
08-04-2003, 02:55 PM
I thought that you had to take Z off with alcohol..and that Dawn wouldnt do it.. Wayne, Mr Zaino, isnt that right?

Too strip it compleatly off, YES 50/50 water and alcohol (No tequilla) will remove it completly.
Once the car has been hit with Dawn, the shine will not be as impressive as it starts stripping it down but is far less agressive than the 50/50 mix.:tu: