PDA

View Full Version : Need L emblems

Stinkbug
08-16-2003, 02:28 PM
Where is the best place to buy L emblems? My dad bought an 03 Harley Monday expecting to have no holes in the fender, wrong! Now he wants L emblems rather than H's 100 anniversary. :confused:

99WhiteBeast
08-17-2003, 06:44 AM
Dealership or Ebay:rolleyes:

Ken
08-18-2003, 10:00 AM
Cheapest locally and in stock I found them was at Westway Ford in Irving.

Just watch out, they like to steal them right of the truck. I'm going stealth right now with base F150 badges...

Stinkbug
08-18-2003, 01:45 PM
Does anyone know if the holes in the fenders are standard or specific to each vehicle? The H had three holes in the fender.

Sixpipes
08-18-2003, 01:51 PM
Lightnings have two. :cool:

Ken
08-18-2003, 03:06 PM
Sorry Gorilla, that's incorrect. The L fenders have the standard 3 holes like every other F-150:

http://www.talonclub.com/4images/details.php?image_id=4385

There's one by the "L", one by the last "g" and the big middle one hidden by all that leftover adhesive.
Ken

Sixpipes
08-18-2003, 06:05 PM
Sorry Gorilla, that's incorrect. The L fenders have the standard 3 holes like every other F-150:

http://www.talonclub.com/4images/details.php?image_id=4385

There's one by the "L", one by the last "g" and the big middle one hidden by all that leftover adhesive.
Ken
Seeing as how I had mine filled in and never got to see the fenders, I believe you. I do know there are only two holes on the tailgate and it would make more sense for Ford to do one fender for all models. The bodyshop did tell me they welded up two holes on each fender and they charged the same for the fenders as the tailgate so maybe I got a fender discount. :tongue:

Stinkbug
08-18-2003, 08:53 PM
Thanks thats a big relief? He does not like the H emblem and didnt really want to put the L emblem on it since its not. I think now he will go with the F-150 and add the GM supercharged emblem under it. Probably do SVT on the tailgate. What do you guys think??

dboat
08-18-2003, 08:56 PM
Thanks thats a big relief? He does not like the H emblem and didnt really want to put the L emblem on it since its not. I think now he will go with the F-150 and add the GM supercharged emblem under it. Probably do SVT on the tailgate. What do you guys think??

IMO, no SVT emblems unless its an SVT vehicle.. just dont care for posers.. not trying to diss or flame.. hope you understand..
Dana