PDA

View Full Version : Call from Ford Dealer today!

SILVER2000SVT
08-25-2003, 01:53 PM
Remember from a couple of weeks ago when I had the sparkplug blow out of the head and then had all the problems getting the JDM pulley off. They ended up replacing the passenger side head for me and only charged me $200 for being out of warranty. I thought everything was over and done with but then the service writer calls me up and says that they are going to go ahead and give me a Powertrain ESP for 6 years and 75K. I ask, “what’s the catch?” but he says there is none, just that they want me to have the extra protection because this was such a major repair. He says they will normally give this ESP out if I would have paid $500 toward the repair but they made an exception in my case.

Jason

cpeapea
08-25-2003, 04:26 PM
crazy! now what dealer was this?

SILVER2000SVT
08-25-2003, 04:33 PM
It was at Texan Ford here in Arlington.

blondeinalightning
08-25-2003, 04:54 PM
It was at Texan Ford here in Arlington.

My dad just bought a new truck from them, and he said that they were a really good dealership.

Actionpike
08-26-2003, 08:56 AM
They are a great dealership. I bought my Lightning there in 2001 for $27000(Zplan price). I never had a problem with them on getting anything fixed. They even gave me a brand new Lariat to drive around for a few days while they did the window tint and bedliner.

jcblack
08-26-2003, 07:00 PM
I started to hate that place until a new service assistant started working there. His name is Vince and he is awesome. The rent-a-car place was going to put me in a echo, then Vince walked out and said, "hell no". "This guy is used to driving this (pointing at my truck)." "Get him a full size truck and texan will pay the difference". He told me to send all the lightnings to him if they need anything, and he will get it for cost. He's badass

Logan
08-26-2003, 10:07 PM
Could it be? A decent ford dealership???!

...Hmmm... <Logan waiting patiently for other shoe to drop...>

blueoval01
08-26-2003, 10:20 PM
Could it be? A decent ford dealership???!

...Hmmm... <Logan waiting patiently for other shoe to drop...>
... or Hell to freeze over ........

SILVER2000SVT
08-27-2003, 08:32 AM
But these are still the guys that say 6psi of boost is all my 00 is supposed to be running. We don't know why your truck was running an 8.8 1/8th mile when you first bought it and now after a year and 14K miles it's running a 9.3ish with no mods.
But hey, I guess I have until 75K for it to get bad enough for them to eventually do something.