PDA

View Full Version : spark blow out!

microsuck
08-29-2003, 03:40 PM
CAn this cause the truck to die. I was having some issues on the dyno today and was just wondering if not changing the gap on my it22's might be causing trouble. Pretty sure it is the chip. It would get to about 4k rpm and then die. Only on the N20 though. But pretty consistiently. I still managed to pull off 455 and 623. I was thinking that the HP numbers should be higher than that for that much TQ. Probalby because It was dieing arround 4k and I couldent get a full pass. O, yeah, thats on only 9 deg of timing advance:D.
Andrew

andy_cain
08-29-2003, 06:10 PM
CAn this cause the truck to die. I was having some issues on the dyno today and was just wondering if not changing the gap on my it22's might be causing trouble. Pretty sure it is the chip. It would get to about 4k rpm and then die. Only on the N20 though. But pretty consistiently. I still managed to pull off 455 and 623. I was thinking that the HP numbers should be higher than that for that much TQ. Probalby because It was dieing arround 4k and I couldent get a full pass. O, yeah, thats on only 9 deg of timing advance:D.
Andrew

Yes, n20 can blow out a spark but I think it would depend on what size shot and what gap you were set at. I looked through my dyno and with our trucks being similarly set up I would expect that had you been able to hit the full RPM you would have hit HP #'s closer to 490 as my highest HP was acchieved at around 4500 to 5000 RPM (486.6) and my TQ was highest around 3700 at (621.5)
:d

Great numbers none the less :beer:

Would love to see:
1) what the water/meth injection actually adds (HP/TQ)
2) what the boost psi actually shows
3) AFR#'s
and finally, the question everyone wants to know...how much is too much on a stock block??? :nana2