PDA

View Full Version : Going to run a brand-new Whippled Silverado SS tomorrow !

my2002lightning
08-31-2003, 07:04 PM
Well,

Laney and I were cruising back from the Frisco Lowe's less than an hour ago for more potting soil, etc in her car and stopped at the Plano C-Store/Dickey's on Preston (south of Spring Creek).

We pull in to gas up and I see this brand-new black Silverado SS gassing up as well. I'm like Arnold and tell Laney... " I'LL BE BACK!!!" :burnout:

Got to talking to the guy (Greg...cool guy in the insurance business) and he's an ex '95 & '00 L owner, but ditched them due to warranty issues - leaky intercooler, etc :eek::D. He's had an Escalade (sold) and now has the SS. He installed the black Whipple himself and is looking for NOS and even more "umph" !:bows Damn thing looks stock and all "sexy/stealthy" under the hood!

Terry, you owe me NOW dude!:D I told him your the SH#T with Ls/Vettes! and to look you up. Told him about www.talonclub.com (http://www.talonclub.com) and our upcoming meet in Arlington.

Turns out, he's less than 2-3 miles from me in Plano and wants a ride in my '02 L. Told him only if I can run him and take a ride in the SS. Going to take the Sony and post .jpgs. Very nice FULL-LEATHER interior, etc.

I'm amped up! SO! what's everyone's predictions? The SS weighs about 1K lbs more than my rig. Greg's at 345HP/380TQ prior to the Whipple upgrade on the 6.0 liter.

Place your bets, now! :nana2 ... assuming drier weather tomorrow am.
He SAYS he isn't chipped, etc. also.

A little info. on the Silverado SS ... http://www.motorway.com/Stories/0,1413,243%257E25475%257E1538660,00.html

BTW, those scoops underneath the headlights are just "faux" scoops. Non-functional upon closer visual. I was wondering myself...

tliss
08-31-2003, 07:29 PM
The SS isn't built for racing...I'm saying you take him. He's going to need more than a Whipple.

If you win, you get to drink some beer at my house afterward. If you lose, well, no brauts for you!

Tom

diablolightning
08-31-2003, 08:12 PM
I say you go ahead and knock his d**k in the dirt so he can go back and pick up whats left of his b@lls.:eek::rll::twitch:
It does sound like an interesting race because they can't hang "if you know what i meen" out of the box:twitch::evil

jcblack
08-31-2003, 08:17 PM
i think that you will still beat him. I raced a stock one (assuming it was stock) and killed him with me being stock. You'll get him.

my2002lightning
08-31-2003, 08:21 PM
Tom and others,

I'm figuring that outcome myself, as well.

Factored in: AWD components, ext-cab, etc. = alot more curb-weight! Questionable HP/TQ #s ~.

Me: more HP/TQ/less curb-weight.
Start icing down my brew! :beer::nana2

You TALON pilots think of me while I "de-v#rgin-ize" myself on the mean-streets of Plano tomorrow! (weather permitting ... rainy as h#ll here this pm)

Ronald

Sixpipes
08-31-2003, 08:51 PM
I raced a Chevy truck with a Whipple-equiped 350 when my truck was stock in the summer of 99 at Ennis. No contest. :cool:

my2002lightning
08-31-2003, 09:49 PM
Greg's a cool "closet" L guy and just wanted to see what his SS would do next to a '02 L. No grudge-match or anything!

Greg,

If you've registered/etc. welcome!

I saw a herd of blue SSs at TMS back in the summer for the truck-races. :tu:

I'm looking fwd to hooking-up w/the SS in the am and heading over to Masta' Tom's afterwards!
Good Labor-Day weekend! :nana2

Evening gentlemen,

Ronald

Logan
09-01-2003, 10:25 AM
SS = beaten. Supercharger or no.

my2002lightning
09-01-2003, 10:52 AM
Well, I called his cell 2x (once last night and again this am) and left vmail. I'll email him later.

Couldn't have done much anyway. It's raining solid here in Plano.

I wonder if he'll hang with me after his #75 of NOS?

Dennis,

Your avatars never cease to crack me up! :d

my2002lightning
09-02-2003, 06:23 PM
No call-back yet!http://www.ls1.com/forums/images/smilies/dunno.gif I'll try email...

I dropped by the new Ultimate Electronics in Frisco after work today and saw a kid driving a blue Silverado SS pulling out. He waved and drove off.