PDA

View Full Version : pulleys and warranty

skalywags
09-07-2003, 12:52 PM
If you put the different pulleys on, will Ford void your warranty?

Also, if you install the pulleys, are there other mods you should, or have to do with them?

L8 APEX
09-07-2003, 01:06 PM
There are a few variables in the voding equation. It depends on the dealer, the mechanic, and the damaged parts. In general we all pull our pulley and chip off before warranty service. Both are sought after by service techs to void your warranty. Warranty jobs pay half the labor rate to the mechanic and dealership. So they want to void it if they can and turn it into a paying repair for the $$. We generally use a select dealershipa and service writer in an effort to avoid getting voided over BS repairs like blown plugs etc. So yes it canvoid your warranty so take it off before service and most everyone here runs a chip tuned to the pulley and truck mods.

skalywags
09-08-2003, 12:06 AM
There are a few variables in the voding equation. It depends on the dealer, the mechanic, and the damaged parts. In general we all pull our pulley and chip off before warranty service. Both are sought after by service techs to void your warranty. Warranty jobs pay half the labor rate to the mechanic and dealership. So they want to void it if they can and turn it into a paying repair for the $$. We generally use a select dealershipa and service writer in an effort to avoid getting voided over BS repairs like blown plugs etc. So yes it canvoid your warranty so take it off before service and most everyone here runs a chip tuned to the pulley and truck mods.
I see! Thanks for the info. I'm trying to decide if I am going to go with these simple mods, or leave the truck completely stock until I
1)either hit the end of my warranty
2)feel like the L is not fast enuff any more
3) or end up getting hurt gain on the dirt bike (will have to be worse than teh recnet fractured leg) and decide to give teh bike up, which frees up money and time to play with the truck

By the time I start modding, hopefully I will have made it out to a few meetings, met a few of you, and see what evryone has done and are happy with.