PDA

View Full Version : Lowering the rear 2" best way?

03BlackLightning
09-10-2003, 05:23 PM
Has anyone just used the lowering blocks to lower the truck in the rear the 2", or would that be a safety issue with all the horsepower it puts to the ground? I seen some replacement leafs that cost around 365 bucks, that hurts just to lower it. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Sherman

microsuck
09-10-2003, 05:28 PM
just get the drop shackels for $40. they are rock solid and a breeze to instal.
Andrew

dboat
09-10-2003, 05:48 PM
even better.. 2 - 100 lb bags of sand, one over each wheel well... lowered and better traction too..:evil

Dana

L8 APEX
09-10-2003, 06:47 PM
Blocks would raise a L since the springs are on top of the axle. A set of shackles is the best cheapest route. I stock them for 60 bucks 90 installed.

03BlackLightning
09-11-2003, 01:17 PM
Blocks would raise a L since the springs are on top of the axle. A set of shackles is the best cheapest route. I stock them for 60 bucks 90 installed.

When they are installed, you cannot see the shackles below the truck can you? I don't want to see the shackles. If you can't see the shackles and they are hidden, then order me a set. Thanks!

L8 APEX
09-11-2003, 01:24 PM
I have the 2" in stock I would have to order the 3" it would be about a week. No they are totally hidden out of sight.

03BlackLightning
09-11-2003, 02:17 PM
I have the 2" in stock I would have to order the 3" it would be about a week. No they are totally hidden out of sight.

2" drop will level the stock truck height correct? If so I will get them.

L8 APEX
09-11-2003, 03:25 PM
It will be close but those 03's are high as hell!

skalywags
09-29-2003, 10:33 PM
It will be close but those 03's are high as hell!
what will this do to teh handling adn/or the ride. I would like to do teh same thing fro two reasons. 1) appearance 2) the truck height has made it harder to load my dirtbike.

I am thinking of maybe going with the springs, then adding other components as money is available. but if this blocks don't hurt the handling I may try this. Oh yeah, and with the springs is ther any mods needed for the rear sway bar. I thought I saw something on about lowering a lightning, and having to to something to the sway bar links. I could be completely screwed up on this one, though.

L8 APEX
09-29-2003, 11:05 PM
You can ask Adam StormShadow he has an 03 an I installed shackles on it. It still looks high but better than stock. Shackles are 65 bucks and performance springs are 350 or better. I have a set of core 02 springs and can have them de arched to any drop. They will be 200 exchange. Ride is not affected by shackles, performance springs are stiffer and the lower you go the sooner you hit the bump stops.

skalywags
09-30-2003, 11:46 PM
You can ask Adam StormShadow he has an 03 an I installed shackles on it. It still looks high but better than stock. Shackles are 65 bucks and performance springs are 350 or better. I have a set of core 02 springs and can have them de arched to any drop. They will be 200 exchange. Ride is not affected by shackles, performance springs are stiffer and the lower you go the sooner you hit the bump stops.I'd like a set of teh shack;es then i will call. i probably can;t make it to the meeting togh, because I should be heading to MN for the weekend.