PDA

View Full Version : Good paint and body shops.

TXBLU
09-18-2003, 07:57 AM
Where is a good place to take the L for some paint work? I don't like the dealers because I keep hearing the stories about joy-riding techs. I have a small dent on my tailgate. a few chips on the tonnaeu cover. and a dent/scratch on the roof (don't ask). I was thinking of Ted Prohaska, Service King, or Lucido's (went to school with Vic and they repaired my '71 SS Chevelle real nice back in '78). Anybody use these guys? I want to get it done before the nice weather goes away.

whitelightning'02
09-18-2003, 04:36 PM
Where is a good place to take the L for some paint work? I don't like the dealers because I keep hearing the stories about joy-riding techs. I have a small dent on my tailgate. a few chips on the tonnaeu cover. and a dent/scratch on the roof (don't ask). I was thinking of Ted Prohaska, Service King, or Lucido's (went to school with Vic and they repaired my '71 SS Chevelle real nice back in '78). Anybody use these guys? I want to get it done before the nice weather goes away.

I couldn't recommend Lucido's! I had a Buick repaired there. I was never happy with their work! Try the Velvet Hammer in Lewisville! He's not cheap, but does Great work!

VELVET HAMMER PAINT & BODY
536 N Mill St
Lewisville TX 75057
(972) 436-0272

Lee

:beer:

cpeapea
09-18-2003, 05:50 PM
Leezo brothers off of loop 12 and irving blvd. this is where my father used to take all of his show cars to be painted. ive never seen better work. pricey though

jcblack
09-18-2003, 08:00 PM
I have a buddy that is an awesome painter and he told me that service king actually does good work. Just check them out.

StormShadow
09-18-2003, 09:14 PM
I can reccomend Lucido's. They fixed up our 66 mustang like new after a crazy high school girl ran into it with her daddy's LTD.

PoorSvtman
09-21-2003, 06:34 PM
Might want to kick my a$$ for this one but. Lynn Smith Chevrolet (my place of work) The body shop did a perfect job on my lighting...

I hydro planed and pretty much riped the entire drivers side off and front end. After about 2 months of waiting for parts and doing all the work you cant even tell it was in a wreck.

If you want to see pics of before and after email me at sidriver2k@yahoo.com

L8 APEX
09-21-2003, 10:06 PM
There is a high end body shop in Irving DeFratus Collision on Irving Blvd. just south of Discount Tire. They repair most wrecked Vipers in a 4 state area, Ferrari's etc. The owner Gary DeFratus is there daily and knows me.

ken cryder
09-21-2003, 10:33 PM
crashworks in denton is awsome . work and price . 940-482-7088

ken

cpeapea
09-21-2003, 10:41 PM
i would have to agree with terry. Defratus is a great place and does greats work, but i have talked personally with Gary Defratus, and hes not up to par in customer service imo...i used to do a ton of work for him. but hey i got to drive a ferrari and 6 vipers and a few porsches

L8 APEX
09-21-2003, 10:45 PM
He is a bit different to get along with. But I cut him some slack as people may say the same thing about me:rll:

cpeapea
09-22-2003, 02:21 AM
you crazy people :rll:

TXBLU
09-24-2003, 08:01 AM
Thank all. I think I'll stop by DeFratus for an estimate today.

TXBLU
09-25-2003, 07:00 AM
I got my estimate from DeFratus yesterday. One dent (2") on tailgate, one dent (3") on roof, and sand and respray tonnaeu cover; $1250.00. I called a friend of mine that had backed his Viper into a guardrail, and he said these guys do very nice work. Will take about 5-7 days. Will have to be without the L starting a week from Monday.

What's the best deal on renting a Porsche around here? (I am spoiled):D

cpeapea
09-25-2003, 06:18 PM
i think there is a place off of 183 and story called exotic car world i think. i think its still open, you might check the phone book. but they had last time i saw just about every crazy exotic car you could imagine

Red99Lightning
09-25-2003, 11:48 PM
$1250 :eek2:

TXBLU
09-26-2003, 09:33 AM
$1250 :eek2:

Yeah, I think the biggest chunk was for sanding and spraying the tonnaeu cover. The dude said they would have to repaint the whole thing to do it right. My parts guy down at Doug Stanley said he thought that the chips were from improperly prepping the surface prior to painting, and that it would be covered under warranty. My concern with that is: wether or not Westway Ford, which did the painting, will own up to the prep job, and even if they do, will they want to just spot paint and feather it in? Plus I'm concerned about the joy-ride factor at the dealers. I don't want to have to rip someone's lungs out over messing with my truck. I sure would like to save some money on this deal. I've already spent a bunch of cash on an anniversary present for my wife (it's tomorrow, two years of bliss).:D