PDA

View Full Version : Bump

andy_cain
09-30-2003, 10:38 AM
Anyone catch Sun's CEO on CNN's Squack Box?

Stock today is falling hard after this little anouncement coupled with the news that we are also sending jobs to India.
Analyst expect stock to fall as low as $2.50 per share.

Here is the quote.....

"The charge was taken against our FY03 Q4
results. This write down changes our previously reported results
from $12 million profit to a $1.039 billion net income loss, or
a net loss per share of $0.32. "

:vomit:

Have a con call later today to discuss "imeadiate internal changes" :confused:

98Cobra
09-30-2003, 11:23 AM

Sheesh. That sounds like more than a little woopsie.

BTW, I hate Scott McNealy. :)

my2002lightning
09-30-2003, 12:47 PM

Stock today is falling hard after this little anouncement coupled with the news that we are also sending jobs to India.

Here is the quote.....

Wayne,

Here's another view point. http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/invest/extra/P62115.asp

You have to be PREPARED for these "reorganizations" and "restructurings".

I'm a "veteran" of 3 reorgs. :eek2: In the long-run, it all turned out for the better, personally.

Hang in there!

Ronald

cpeapea
09-30-2003, 06:18 PM
damn...crazy.

03LightningRocks
09-30-2003, 06:38 PM

Here is the quote.....

I hope it works out for you Wayne. Take every dime you have and short that ***** of a stock.

It may not have far to fall but with the stock being so cheap you can short 10k shares and double your money in a couple weeks.

andy_cain
10-01-2003, 07:50 AM
Executive decision is that ANY service account not generating in excess of $250K/yr. will now be outsourced to a third party service provider.:hammer:

Get ready Crawford...this may turn out positive for you guys:flaming:

My account brought in over $190 Million last year in sales and service and is projecting $200 million this year BUT now is going to need to do it with roughly 20% less staff:bs

I am so tired of corporate "Stack Ranking" employees. How do you tell your team that you have built top notch that some of them are underperforming when they are in reality, OUTPERFORMING all of their counterparts in other groups.:Bullshit

I am going to bed now:vomit:

Silver_2000
10-01-2003, 08:20 AM
I hope it works out for you Wayne. Take every dime you have and short that ***** of a stock.

It may not have far to fall but with the stock being so cheap you can short 10k shares and double your money in a couple weeks.

Most companies Ethics policy forbids Shorting their own stock
For obvious reasons
Doug

Sixpipes
10-01-2003, 09:10 AM
Executive decision is that ANY service account not generating in excess of $250K/yr. will now be outsourced to a third party service provider.:hammer:

Get ready Crawford...this may turn out positive for you guys:flaming:

My account brought in over $190 Million last year in sales and service and is projecting $200 million this year BUT now is going to need to do it with roughly 20% less staff:bs

I am so tired of corporate "Stack Ranking" employees. How do you tell your team that you have built top notch that some of them are underperforming when they are in reality, OUTPERFORMING all of their counterparts in other groups.:Bullshit

I am going to bed now:vomit:
There is something fascinating about watching a train wreck. The guys at the top always seem to be the most surprised. I've been watching one for the last two years and I think it's about time to abandon ship while I still have some control over my own destiny. The company I currently work for is in the middle of outsourcing probably 20-30% of their annual revenue. They don't have a clue that they are actually losing control of the accounts and will probably only realize it after we have completely lost the business. It's a case of the idiots running the asylum. :cool:

my2002lightning
10-02-2003, 05:28 PM
Here's another write-up of more and MORE jobs headed to India.

Supposedly, Software Engineers over there make $545/mo. in US currency! :eek2:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=569&ncid=738&e=1&u=/nm/20031002/tc_nm/tech_india_jobs_dc

I've also read that teams of Paki/Hindi TRUCK-DRIVING teams are routing domestic trucking firms out-of-business over here because they work DIRT-CHEAP and they work in 3+ man teams to ONE 18-wheeler! Meaning, that one truck is always being driven and making $$$$ for "The Man" for minimal expense for the trucking companies.

Ronald

BTW, Crawford, is SBTI still a Sun V.A.R.? I'd be interested to know.