PDA

View Full Version : Coil packs

Krystle
10-06-2003, 10:33 AM
I need to get my truck a much needed tune up and while Im at it change the coil packs.. I had Justin B looking for some packs and they are over 80.00 per pack and that is crazy.. :mad: I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere else that would be cheaper...

Thanks!!!

L8 APEX
10-06-2003, 11:07 AM
I need to get my truck a much needed tune up and while Im at it change the coil packs.. I had Justin B looking for some packs and they are over 80.00 per pack and that is crazy.. :mad: I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere else that would be cheaper...

Thanks!!!If it ain't broke don't fix it. Either a coil pak works or not, replacing a good coil pack is a waste of money. I'll sell you all you want for 65 a piece:tu:

Krystle
10-06-2003, 11:16 AM
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Either a coil pak works or not, replacing a good coil pack is a waste of money. I'll sell you all you want for 65 a piece:tu:

I was told by several people that when I go in for a tune up I need to replace the coil pack's.. True?? Not True?? I wont replace it if it doesnt need it.. I need to save money

min150mph
10-06-2003, 11:21 AM
I was told by several people that when I go in for a tune up I need to replace the coil pack's.. True?? Not True?? I wont replace it if it doesnt need it.. I need to save moneyHow many miles do you have on the truck? Probably won't hurt if you have lot of miles on it to get it done while you are at it as they do get build-up on the coils inside. Not a necessary item though if the truck runs fine and isn't missing.

Krystle
10-06-2003, 11:39 AM
How many miles do you have on the truck? Probably won't hurt if you have lot of miles on it to get it done while you are at it as they do get build-up on the coils inside. Not a necessary item though if the truck runs fine and isn't missing.

I have 63,000 on it.. The only thing that is giving me problems right now is my trottle body sensor and Im getting that fixed tomorrow...

J.D. Blackwell
10-06-2003, 03:04 PM
Krystle, for the price of a new set of coil packs, I would recommend keeping your in til they go out or til you can find a deal on some. I thought I had another set w/ 17,000 miles on them somewhere. I will see if I can dig them up.

J.D. Blackwell
10-06-2003, 03:08 PM
This link is something you should read. This is the only known documented fact that I have found about coil packs, but it was done by a truthful person.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=12937&highlight=coil

min150mph
10-06-2003, 03:58 PM
I have 63,000 on it.. The only thing that is giving me problems right now is my trottle body sensor and Im getting that fixed tomorrow...
I had one go bad at 27K so I replaced all mine. If it was my truck with that mileage and they had never been replaced I would do it. But I think it depends on your driving and what kind of performance you expect out of your vehicle. If you can't afford to buy them at the moment, start saving now and replace them when you have the money. With the right tools this is very easy to do.