PDA

View Full Version : Where should I dyno my truck?

J.D. Blackwell
10-06-2003, 04:16 PM
Just wondering where some dyno's are in the DFW area. I believe some of you guys go to Speedworks when you get a group together. Also, I believe Lone Star has a new place somewhere in Richardson or Garland or something like that. Any preferences? I want to get over to one here in a few weeks to dyno straight motor/blower and then with a 50 or 75 shot of nitrous. I am anxious to see what is in store with the ol sucker.

Also, I know LS is selling JDM pulleys and such. I wonder if they bought into one of Jim's package deals and they have access to his programs??? Guess I will have to give them a call and find out. If I could get the right program for a 150 shot and 17#'s of boost.... Don't think that I won't do it.:Bullshit

wesman
10-06-2003, 04:19 PM
Just wondering where some dyno's are in the DFW area. I believe some of you guys go to Speedworks when you get a group together. Also, I believe Lone Star has a new place somewhere in Richardson or Garland or something like that. Any preferences? I want to get over to one here in a few weeks to dyno straight motor/blower and then with a 50 or 75 shot of nitrous. I am anxious to see what is in store with the ol sucker.

Also, I know LS is selling JDM pulleys and such. I wonder if they bought into one of Jim's package deals and they have access to his programs??? Guess I will have to give them a call and find out. If I could get the right program for a 150 shot and 17#'s of boost.... Don't think that I won't do it.:Bullshit

I think a lot of the guys are going to Kwik Kar in Richardson, like $35 for 3 pulls.

Also Terry has access to Jims tunes AFAIK.....ask him about them.

--wes

J.D. Blackwell
10-06-2003, 04:22 PM
I think a lot of the guys are going to Kwik Kar in Richardson, like $35 for 3 pulls.

Also Terry has access to Jims tunes AFAIK.....ask him about them.

--wes

Are they measuring air/fuel through the exhaust bung? Are they printing out air/fuel sheets?

wesman
10-06-2003, 04:28 PM
Are they measuring air/fuel through the exhaust bung? Are they printing out air/fuel sheets?

AFAIK...ask microsuck, he went there today

--wes

microsuck
10-06-2003, 06:05 PM
AFAIK...ask microsuck, he went there today

--westhey are now $40. $30 for dyno and $10 for AFR. but they usually let you have as many pulls as you want unless there is a long line. I got 10 today. they put the sniffer in the pipes for AFR. I really like their dyno. I think it is really accurate. the only thing I dont like about it is that you spend 4 hours there for one session. the guys are really slow. I got there @11 and I was the only one there. my first pull wanst till 12:45. they give you printouts and/or the runfiles on a floppy. you can download a freee viewer from dynojet. they are my dyno of choice. just dont go in you are in a hurry.

dboat
10-06-2003, 06:06 PM
my last dyno was at Kwik Kar.. they use the exhaust for the a/f ratios..