PDA

View Full Version : supercharger oil ?

PoorSvtman
10-15-2003, 10:02 PM
Ok I rember reading somewhere on how to change the oil for the supercharger. But i lost the link. If im recall you take the allen screw/plug out and basicly suck all the old fluid out?

Also what oil should i use? how much dose it hold, etc?

I have heard that you can use the same oil as the gm supercharged cars. IF thats the case ill order some threw the cheby dealership i work at.
Anyone know any part numbers etc?

Thanks in advance :beer:

L8 APEX
10-15-2003, 10:45 PM
I usually order the GM supercharger lube for Bonneville SSEI or GTP Grand Am. It takes about one and a half little bottles. As for getting it out of there I have never had any luck siphoning it out. Only breaking taking the snout off and draining it out. It is a messy process.

skalywags
10-16-2003, 01:39 AM
I usually order the GM supercharger lube for Bonneville SSEI or GTP Grand Am. It takes about one and a half little bottles. As for getting it out of there I have never had any luck siphoning it out. Only breaking taking the snout off and draining it out. It is a messy process.how often you supposed to do this?

L8 APEX
10-16-2003, 09:40 AM
I'll have to look in the manual , either 15 or 30K?

SILVER2000SVT
10-16-2003, 09:48 AM
What about using some other brand of synthetic gear oil, like the Royal Purple?

PoorSvtman
10-16-2003, 11:18 AM
I usually order the GM supercharger lube for Bonneville SSEI or GTP Grand Am. It takes about one and a half little bottles. As for getting it out of there I have never had any luck siphoning it out. Only breaking taking the snout off and draining it out. It is a messy process.

Do you know the gm part number? Im at work so if i had the part number it would be eaiser to order.

skalywags
04-11-2004, 10:37 PM
I remembered seeing something about this a while back, and thought I'd bring it up. I didn't see it in the manual, I will need to look again. How do you go about changing this stuff? Where's this allen screw at?

bobbywade69
04-11-2004, 10:48 PM
I guess its time to make a Tool for this!!:tu:

PoorSvtman
04-12-2004, 03:51 PM
I guess its time to make a Tool for this!!:tu:

So true. I want to change mine. I have had the bottles of lube sitting in my room since i got the truck :rolleyes:

99WhiteBeast
04-12-2004, 05:43 PM
So true. I want to change mine. I have had the bottles of lube sitting in my room since i got the truck :rolleyes:
Huh- then why do you need to order it? Are you on the pipe again:evil

PoorSvtman
04-12-2004, 06:33 PM
Huh- then why do you need to order it? Are you on the pipe again:evil

This is an old post from last year mang (10-15-2003). It was just brought back from the dead.

By the way the gm part # is 12345982

skalywags
04-12-2004, 09:36 PM
yeah I brought it back. i remembered seeing it once, and figured it might be time. probab;y need a little more info before I can do it, though. ANyone of yuo guys going to be doing this soon? Maybe I can see what needs to be done, and do mine at the same time. Or i can do it the simple way and take it to Terry. I've only been to see him once, but I've been waiting for the money and time situation to settle down, so I can have him do a little work for me.

So, anyone up for an SC oil changing party, this weekend?

PoorSvtman
04-12-2004, 10:43 PM
Im not doing anything saturday. But im not sure ill have my truck back yet either. :(

skalywags
04-13-2004, 12:18 AM
hurry up and get it back! I still haven't found where it says to do this either. 15,000 or 30,000. Batter safe than sorry. I have about 18,000 on it now. I would definitley apreciate the help, since I don;t work on mine much, or have the place to do it, yet. (crazy how all my stuff worth less than the L, somehow takes up my one car garage, so the truck ends up outside. I am working on remedying that situation!)

skalywags
04-18-2004, 01:58 AM
Went to the Supercross today, so I didn't get to try messing with it. Tomorrow, I may look at it, but after going to the SX, I think I may need a little MX fix tomorrow, for a few hours at least.