PDA

View Full Version : Requesting input on rear tires...

kirkmears
10-18-2003, 02:55 PM
Howdy fellow TALON's!

I've search the board and didn't really find much regarding tires (but i didn't really try too hard...).

I have a 2k L that i use daily (-10 miles) and to pull my car to the track on the weekends. My priorities for tires are as follows:

1) Longevity
2) Looks
3) Performance
4) Ability to handle a load (huh-huh, he said 'load')

I currently have some toyo proxies (S/T) in the back. I recently replaced the F1's in the front w/ F1's. I like the treadstyle of the proxies, but discount doesn't sell them. Has anyone used the Hankook RH06's (http://www.hankooktireusa.com/ventus/rh06st/index.html)? I can get a set of these for $404. Otherwise the F1's are gonna run me $525. I prefer to stick w/ discount due to their no question warranties.;)
I'll be up at Keller's off of NWHY later this evening in my sixty five so stop by and say wassup!
:beer:

I need suggestions & reasons please.

Thanks & have a safe weekend!

Me

ken cryder
10-19-2003, 02:10 AM
good year carries the toyos . from what i have seen on others truck they out last every thing else . but being a harder compound traction some times can be a problem .especialy if you mod you lightning . there are some sites that give the comparison specs on several tires . but i like the nittos so far , but they wear fast .

ken

L8 APEX
10-19-2003, 03:23 AM
I run the Nitto 555ZR 295/45/18's. They are load rated to 2250 or such. They grip well and have lasted about twice what my F1's did.

cpeapea
10-19-2003, 10:16 AM
i agree with terry, the regular nitto 555s handle a little better than the f1's imo, but they wont hook worth a **** unless your running the 555r DRs on the back