PDA

View Full Version : Nice work Terry...

silver01
10-18-2003, 06:52 PM
I have a little detonation on the street side so i lifted and went to a speed shop and put in 5 gal of 104(unleaded) and fixed that little problem. I am getting a 55 gal drum of race fuel and was wandering what would be safe. I want 116(leaded) mixing it at about 5 gal to a full tank, but didnt know if that little amount of leaded gas would harm anything. If so what do you recommend? BTW, great job and i had fun talking with ya.

L8 APEX
10-19-2003, 03:19 AM
If your pulleys are stock then 93 octane should be enough for the 39 program. What about the HU side, it should not detonate maybe a good winter side. If it does we need to change them for the winter anyway. You wanted a warm street side and that is what it is.

silver01
10-19-2003, 12:06 PM
It has a little det on the tip in thats it. On the HU side its fine no det. at all but its less timing. Yeah, that is exactly what i wanted, i want an aggressive street side, no whinning here... I will run the HU side in the winter just cause its less timing and safer.. It runs like its a whole new truck, when it hits second it spins till i lift:eek2: . I am very pleased with the tune.

What about the race gas? Will 5 gal of 116(leaded) mixed in with a full tank of 93 be to harsh on the O2's and cats? If so what octane do you suggest. BTW you truck is bad a@@:bows

L8 APEX
10-19-2003, 06:51 PM
My truck is a pain in my ass. I could have paid that thing off for what I have put into it:hammer: . I don't run any leaded fuels. most shops sell up to a 104 no lead and a 110 low leaded. Any race fuel is hard on fuel filters, O rings and flexible lines. I change the filter every tank of race gas I run. Most guys have no problems with a 50% or so mix of 104 and pump gas. Leaded is hard on 02's and cats when run in normal use.