PDA

View Full Version : The Grip Of Fear (Shot Glasses!)

OneRedTXBolt
10-19-2003, 07:06 PM
What's up fellas!

I couldn't believe it when I saw these! There is an amusement park up here with a kick a$$ rollercoaster called, you guessed it, TALON. They sell a fair amount of stuff with the TALON name on it, but these are the only things I picked up...

Shot Glass
http://www.mysvtlightning.com/images/shotgsm1.jpg

Mini 1/2 Yard Glass
http://www.mysvtlightning.com/images/minihalfyard.jpg

With Doug's help, I'll setup a Paypal shopping cart and you can place your orders there. :d

Garret, I saw your L and your boat last weekend out in The Colony getting gas, but didn't see you around! I had a quick trip in town for the FB games. Too bad I missed ya.

Hope all is well with everyone!

James

98Cobra
10-19-2003, 07:34 PM
Garret, I saw your L and your boat last weekend out in The Colony getting gas, but didn't see you around! I had a quick trip in town for the FB games. Too bad I missed ya.

Y'know, I think I did see you drive past, but I didn't know who it was(couldn't see the driver). Yep, I am just trying to squeeze in the last day or so before its all over...

OneRedTXBolt
10-19-2003, 08:06 PM
Y'know, I think I did see you drive past, but I didn't know who it was(couldn't see the driver). Yep, I am just trying to squeeze in the last day or so before its all over...
Unfortunately, I wasn't driving my truck. I flew in. I was stopping by that gas station on the way over to a TX-OU game party to pick up some beer (imagine that!). I looked for ya in both stores, and then when I came out the second one you were gone.

dboat
10-19-2003, 08:43 PM
Unfortunately, I wasn't driving my truck. I flew in. I was stopping by that gas station on the way over to a TX-OU game party to pick up some beer (imagine that!). I looked for ya in both stores, and then when I came out the second one you were gone.
James,
well there are two Talon folks in PA:tu: . I am over in Erie.. but i am told that your insurance rates are three times mine.. finally caught a break on insurance rates by moving here..
Dana

OneRedTXBolt
10-19-2003, 09:55 PM
James,
well there are two Talon folks in PA:tu: . I am over in Erie.. but i am told that your insurance rates are three times mine.. finally caught a break on insurance rates by moving here..
Dana
Hey Dana!

My insurance is quite ridiculous... what I paid in TX was 1/6 of what I pay now! Ouch! :flaming:

Hey - We need to form a new sub-chapter: TALON-PA! :tu: We're the only two members, but that's a start! :beer: We could get a new window sticker: A TALON sticker with a PA state background. Ha!

How are you enjoying PA thus far?
James

dboat
10-20-2003, 05:51 AM
Hey Dana!

My insurance is quite ridiculous... what I paid in TX was 1/6 of what I pay now! Ouch! :flaming:

Hey - We need to form a new sub-chapter: TALON-PA! :tu: We're the only two members, but that's a start! :beer: We could get a new window sticker: A TALON sticker with a PA state background. Ha!

James
Actually, I really like Erie a lot.. no traffic, people are nice, only takes 15 min to get from one side of town to the other, my insurance costs for the three vehicles went down about 100/mo.. Homeowners ins will be a lot cheaper too. Has a great grocery store, has all the other stores I like. I really like the cooler weather, keep my windows open at night. No ozone alert days. uh, I better stop or the whole Talon group will be moving here soon..
I did elevate myself to CEO of the Great White North Division of Talon.. Let me see what I can do on a window sticker..
I will be back in Dallas next Sat to meet the movers that are packing up the house..
Dana

Silver_2000
10-20-2003, 07:54 AM
I really like the cooler weather, keep my windows open at night. No ozone alert days. uh, I better stop or the whole Talon group will be moving here soon..
I did elevate myself to CEO of the Great White North Division of Talon.. Let me see what I can do on a window sticker..
Dana
Dana

I went to college just south of there in Meadville. Wait a few months and give us an update again on the weather would ya ? And along about the same time send us a picture of some of the rust bucket cars up there...
:evil
Doug

aliekitn99
10-20-2003, 08:17 AM
Dana

I went to college just south of there in Meadville. Wait a few months and give us an update again on the weather would ya ? And along about the same time send us a picture of some of the rust bucket cars up there...
:evil
Doug

hehehe i can give you a weather report now Doug, it's going to be way colder then a witches tit in a brass bra. The lakes will be frozen solid and snow will be everywhere. So in the meantime you can laugh that we are there freezing our tookus's off but come summer time, we can laugh as we will be able to sit outside at 3 in the afternoon and not even break a sweat. ;) so in the end, it's all comes out even in the mix. plus, we will actually have 4 seasons instead of 2 LOL :banana:

Hugs,
Kimmie

Mark #2
10-20-2003, 11:49 AM
hehehe i can give you a weather report now Doug, it's going to be way colder then a witches tit in a brass bra. The lakes will be frozen solid and snow will be everywhere. So in the meantime you can laugh that we are there freezing our tookus's off but come summer time, we can laugh as we will be able to sit outside at 3 in the afternoon and not even break a sweat. ;) so in the end, it's all comes out even in the mix. plus, we will actually have 4 seasons instead of 2 LOL :banana:

Hugs,
Kimmie
Yeah, I remember ice skating on Halloween many times.
Mark

Silver_2000
10-20-2003, 11:54 AM
So in the meantime you can laugh that we are there freezing our tookus's off but come summer time, we can laugh as we will be able to sit outside at 3 in the afternoon and not even break a sweat.
Hugs,
Kimmie
I never get a chance to sit outside at 3 pm any way so .... :hammer:
The boating season is like a week an a half up there....

Doug

aliekitn99
10-20-2003, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE=Silver_2000]I never get a chance to sit outside at 3 pm any way

not even on weekends??? hmmmm sounds like you need to change that and please don't give me the hammer head any more... :rolleyes:

Silver_2000
10-20-2003, 12:37 PM
not even on weekends??? hmmmm sounds like you need to change that and please don't give me the hammer head any more... :rolleyes:
The hammer was others beating on me at 3pm.. lol

Doug

Red99Lightning
10-20-2003, 12:59 PM
Hey Dana!

James

You could name it P.A.L.O.N :D

dboat
10-20-2003, 05:10 PM
You could name it P.A.L.O.N :D
:beer:

dboat
10-20-2003, 05:15 PM
While clearly the wintertime may not be the best time of the year, we will be able to snow skiing at PeakNPeak ski area, about an hour from here, and do othe winter sports (as long as they dont include driving the L:hammer: ). But we will have mild summers and can go outside late in the day and enjoy it.. also, no ozone alert days too.. Dont get me wrong, we love Dallas and really enjoyed comeing to the meetings and all. But we will also look at the positive things that Erie has to offer too..Did you go to Edinborough?

The people here have been really nice and the traffic is nonexistent compared to Dallas.

We will miss everyone there, but will stay on the board and be a dues paying member..

We would like for those that are interested, to meet us out at Uncle Julios on the Toll Road Sat eve.. have some great food and maggies or beer.. so if anyone is interest, let us know.. I know Wayne will be there. anyone else?
Dana

blueoval01
10-20-2003, 05:56 PM
Jeez, Dana. You don't have to convince us that Erie is the right place to be. If you and Kim are happy, that's all that matters. :cool:

I'm gonna try to make Saturday. Sounds like a good (2nd) send off.

Silver_2000
10-20-2003, 06:19 PM
While clearly the wintertime may not be the best time of the year, we will be able to snow skiing at PeakNPeak ski area, about an hour from here, and do othe winter sports (as long as they dont include driving the L:hammer: ). But we will have mild summers and can go outside late in the day and enjoy it.. also, no ozone alert days too.. Dont get me wrong, we love Dallas and really enjoyed comeing to the meetings and all. But we will also look at the positive things that Erie has to offer too..Did you go to Edinborough?

The people here have been really nice and the traffic is nonexistent compared to Dallas.

We will miss everyone there, but will stay on the board and be a dues paying member..

We would like for those that are interested, to meet us out at Uncle Julios on the Toll Road Sat eve.. have some great food and maggies or beer.. so if anyone is interest, let us know.. I know Wayne will be there. anyone else?
Dana
What time - Give me a call or have wayne call me

aliekitn99
10-20-2003, 06:22 PM
Jeez, Dana. You don't have to convince us that Erie is the right place to be. If you and Kim are happy, that's all that matters. :cool:

I'm gonna try to make Saturday. Sounds like a good (2nd) send off.

Woo hooo the more the merrier....

I am going to make the official announcment...all who want to join us at Uncle Julio's at the Toll road and Keller Springs area be there at 7:00 p.m. for adult libations, great conversations,wonderful food and friends. Everyone is welcome!

Kim

blueoval01
10-20-2003, 06:53 PM
Woo hooo the more the merrier....

I am going to make the official announcment...all who want to join us at Uncle Julio's at the Toll road and Keller Springs area be there at 7:00 p.m. for adult libations, great conversations,wonderful food and friends. Everyone is welcome!

KimHumm, since this was actually someone else's thread, you might post the details into a new one. Many may not find this ....... :)

Full of .02 tonight :D

tliss
10-20-2003, 09:14 PM
This thread got highjacked. Don't go flying it to some 3rd world country now.

Back on topic...James, hook a brother up! Those things would be kick ass in my collection:

Tom

03LightningRocks
10-21-2003, 09:59 PM
This thread got highjacked. Don't go flying it to some 3rd world country now.

Back on topic...James, hook a brother up! Those things would be kick ass in my collection:

Tom
Highjacked???? They have shot the pilot and flown her into the ground!!!

Me too on the shot glasses. Does that amusement park have a name????? What is it and where is it's exact location?

Thanks,

Rocks

OneRedTXBolt
10-23-2003, 11:01 PM
Wow Tom! :tu:
And I thought I had a nice shotglass collection! Ha! You put mine to shame! :d

I will see what I can do about getting some additional shotglasses and whatnot.

The name of the amusement park is Dorney Park.

James