PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!!!

lnpresby
10-22-2003, 09:45 PM
I picked up my 03 Red L this evening :banana: and had to wear diapers while driving it home. Awesome truck and kudos to the dealer in Grapevine that gave me a great deal.

I've been a visitor to this forum for the last couple of weeks knowing that the time was close that I could write this post. That's it for now because I'm going back out to the garage to set-up my sleeping bag.

Larry

Silver_2000
10-22-2003, 09:51 PM
Welcome aboard
Look forward to meeting you at the next meeting

Doug

PoorSvtman
10-22-2003, 09:55 PM
I picked up my 03 Red L this evening :banana: and had to wear diapers while driving it home. Awesome truck and kudos to the dealer in Grapevine that gave me a great deal.

I've been a visitor to this forum for the last couple of weeks knowing that the time was close that I could write this post. That's it for now because I'm going back out to the garage to set-up my sleeping bag.

Larry

Congrats and welcome to TALON!

By the way what part of arlington are you located?

aliekitn99
10-22-2003, 10:07 PM

Larry

If you get a bed rug, you won't need a sleeping bag, just a pillow and a blankie...

jcblack
10-22-2003, 10:17 PM

There is a little group of us in A-town. Let us know what neck of the woods you're from.

PoorSvtman
10-22-2003, 10:30 PM
There is a little group of us in A-town. Let us know what neck of the woods you're from.

BY the way. Some of us from Clubsi.com (yes a import site but half of us dont own hondas but are just friends) are meeting up this saturday at the old winndixie parking lot of off green oaks and I-20 around 2-3 then heading over to hooters for some lunch.

Heres the link if anyone wants to come.
http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB20&Number=3133547&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=&vc=1&PHPSESSID=

Where all a bunch of wierdos when we get together but its all good. And dont worry the ones with hondas still dont have tons of stickers and rice :D

:hammer:

my2002lightning
10-22-2003, 11:08 PM

Larry
I remember driving my red '02 L "home" for the first time. It was Akron/Medina, OH. 2/27 of this year from Montrose Ford. We have their calendar on the 'fridge with our "honeymoon" .jpg they put on there.

Seriously, get a Bed-Rug! I installed it in the hotel parking lot up there (in February... BRRRR!!!) and have never regretted it. Look up Tim...he treated me right. http://www.chikenearsengineering.com/bedrug.htm

Make the next TALON meet and congrats on the Red '03 L ! :tu:

Ronald

03LightningRocks
10-23-2003, 07:46 PM
I remember driving my red '02 L "home" for the first time. It was Akron/Medina, OH. 2/27 of this year from Montrose Ford. We have their calendar on the 'fridge with our "honeymoon" .jpg they put on there.

Seriously, get a Bed-Rug! I installed it in the hotel parking lot up there (in February... BRRRR!!!) and have never regretted it. Look up Tim...he treated me right. http://www.chikenearsengineering.com/bedrug.htm

Make the next TALON meet and congrats on the Red '03 L ! :tu:

Ronald
Our local tuner...Terry Da Tuner (L8Apex), sells bed rugs and delivers...LOL. He can hook you up with no shipping delay. And you keep the money local.

Rocks:tu:

02BOLT
10-23-2003, 08:59 PM
Welcome aboard Larry!:beer: I'm another member of the Southern Tarrant County Chapter of the L Brotherhood(Arlington, Grand Prairie, Kennedale). There's a pretty good group of us down here, with some kick a$$ L's, I might add. We get together on occasion to grub or pick on unsuspecting "fast" cars out at Kennedale and Ennis. Keep an eye on the boards, as we usually post up when we've got something cooking.

Also the most knowledgable L tuner in all of the Metroplex is down here as well. Terry(L8 APEX) is Performance Research. Check out his forum on this board. He is meticulous in his methods and more than fair in his pricing. When you get ready to mod your L, be it a bed rug, or a chip, call him FIRST! He has an excellent reputation in the L community, and will take good care of your new baby.:tu:

Looking forward to meeting you.

Later,
Rob:burnout:

lnpresby
10-24-2003, 09:07 AM

I'm in SW arlington by the lake.

Larry

lnpresby
10-24-2003, 09:16 AM
BY the way. Some of us from Clubsi.com (yes a import site but half of us dont own hondas but are just friends) are meeting up this saturday at the old winndixie parking lot of off green oaks and I-20 around 2-3 then heading over to hooters for some lunch.

Heres the link if anyone wants to come.
http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB20&Number=3133547&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=&vc=1&PHPSESSID=

Where all a bunch of wierdos when we get together but its all good. And dont worry the ones with hondas still dont have tons of stickers and rice :D

:hammer:
It's all a brotherhood and it doesn't matter what one drives or rides. In my early days, when I rode an HD, there were some respectable brothers who rode rice rockets. When sharing stories over a cold brew it just doesn't matter.:beer:

I know exactly where you're meeting and, if it isn't raining, I may just join you!

PoorSvtman
10-24-2003, 01:29 PM
I'm in SW arlington by the lake.

Larry

Thats not far from me. Im off of 287 and sublet. Or sublet and kelly elliot

Nuhklz
10-24-2003, 04:44 PM
Thats not far from me. Im off of 287 and sublet. Or sublet and kelly elliot

Not far at all. I'll soon add a pic of my L to my signature and we can look out for each other.

PoorSvtman
10-25-2003, 12:12 PM
Not far at all. I'll soon add a pic of my L to my signature and we can look out for each other.

Kool. I dont have any good pics of my L yet but i have a black 99 L. Im always out running somewhere