PDA

View Full Version : heat exchanger (necessary?)

03'svtlight
10-24-2003, 09:47 PM
I see heat exchangers for about $450.00 and I just wondering........WHAT IS IT???? I believe the truck already has one but where is it?? At what point is it needed in terms performance??? Is it a power mod?? Does Doug have one??
Just trying to see if it is worth buying before the long tubes......... :d

Silver_2000
10-24-2003, 09:52 PM
"Does Doug have one ? "

No I dont

I have very few mods.. IN fact my truck is bone stock...

LOL

Doug

03'svtlight
10-24-2003, 09:59 PM
"Does Doug have one ? "

No I dont

I have very few mods.. IN fact my truck is bone stock...

LOL

Doug
fastest bone stock Lightning on earth!!!!!!

Silver_2000
10-24-2003, 11:55 PM
Seriously

NO exchanger here.

Chip, pulley, airflow in that order are the best bang for the buck. Once you do that you need to spend $$ on traction- Slicks, traction bars and drive shaft loop.

Since the past trip to Hallsville mine is no longer quick - there are lots of low 12 trucks in talon now

Doug

L8 APEX
10-25-2003, 03:18 AM
They are very effective when setup correctly. There purpose is in drag racing for consistency and when boosting over 4# during the summer. Stock boost level daily drivers don't need them.

microsuck
10-25-2003, 10:22 AM
They are very effective when setup correctly. There purpose is in drag racing for consistency and when boosting over 4# during the summer. Stock boost level daily drivers don't need them.ditto, they just help disipate heat form the IC fluid faster (when it is hotter than it is supposed to be). might not be bad for us TEXANS,in our hot as piss climate, but you would have to be a super lead foot driver 24-7 (like some of us) to see much improvement on the street. but they do have a nice bling factor, showing through the grille.:D
Andrew

microsuck
10-25-2003, 10:23 AM
ditto, they just help disipate heat form the IC fluid faster (when it is hotter than it is supposed to be). might not be bad for us TEXANS,in our hot as piss climate, but you would have to be a super lead foot driver 24-7 (like some of us) to see much improvement on the street. but they do have a nice bling factor, showing through the grille.:D
Andrewps, a lil W/A injection system does the same thing and is MUCH cheaper.