PDA

View Full Version : catz

microsuck
10-28-2003, 01:46 PM
how am I supposed to get some high-flo catz put on if none of the shops will work on the cat part of my exhaust. One place told me to replace them I would have to bring the truck in with broken stock cats on it, like put a 12ga round in each one or something. I know there is a way to get this done. Ghettoville shops perhaps, what about you terry? wont you do this on trucks. all the shops told me it is illeagal. whats the dealio?
Andrew

PoorSvtman
10-28-2003, 02:22 PM
I think theres a place off of pioneer in arlington that will do them. They took some of a my friends lil brothers ricer crew. Ill ask him after work what the name of the shop is.

Also I think theres a shop called magic muffler off of division and bowen. Lil shop behind a ghetto car lot. He might do them but he has guys there that cant weld real good. So if you go there make sure the short guy (the owner) dose them.

microsuck
10-28-2003, 02:32 PM
I think theres a place off of pioneer in arlington that will do them. They took some of a my friends lil brothers ricer crew. Ill ask him after work what the name of the shop is.

Also I think theres a shop called magic muffler off of division and bowen. Lil shop behind a ghetto car lot. He might do them but he has guys there that cant weld real good. So if you go there make sure the short guy (the owner) dose them.haha, that made me smile. thanks for the info. I will check back again for more info.
Andrew

L8 APEX
10-28-2003, 03:42 PM
Yes we do hi flow cats. There are two options either plain steel or polished stainless mirror finished. Plain is 300 polished is 350 installed. Nathan had the plains.

microsuck
10-28-2003, 03:44 PM
Yes we do hi flow cats. There are two options either plain steel or polished stainless mirror finished. Plain is 300 polished is 350 installed. Nathan had the plains.yeah, I remember his. dont they make a nice loudness factor? he said his truck wasnt loud till he got those put on.
Andrew
Ps, terry you better get me those EBC's soon I am spending my brake money:hammer:

L8 APEX
10-28-2003, 03:52 PM
yeah, I remember his. dont they make a nice loudness factor? he said his truck wasnt loud till he got those put on.
Andrew
Ps, terry you better get me those EBC's soon I am spending my brake money:hammer:Another note on the cats, these are huge compared to the cheese dick **** Bassani is selling for $650:eek2: . Yes they are loud and anytime you have money just give it to me and I will invest it in mods for you. I told the brake guy to get them ASAP.

microsuck
10-28-2003, 04:13 PM
Another note on the cats, these are huge compared to the cheese dick **** Bassani is selling for $650:eek2: . Yes they are loud and anytime you have money just give it to me and I will invest it in mods for you. I told the brake guy to get them ASAP.well, put me on the list and I will send you my paycheck:(
Andrew

blueoval01
10-28-2003, 05:23 PM
Terry, you can put me on the Full EBC install list as well. Now that you've given me more Go :tu: , I need better Whoa!!

Man, these stockers really suck :hammer:

PoorSvtman
10-28-2003, 09:25 PM
Another note on the cats, these are huge compared to the cheese dick **** Bassani is selling for $650:eek2: . Yes they are loud and anytime you have money just give it to me and I will invest it in mods for you. I told the brake guy to get them ASAP.

Bassani cats are catco cats. Pure crap if you ask me. I had one on my honda and it fell apart. I bought my L with the full bassanit exhaust and the cats have a nice rattle to them. So ill be hitting you up for some cats in the future.

By the way i saw you at ennis friday and met ccp. I was gonna walk up and introduce my self but my buddy was having problems with his supercharged Si, and all his crap was in my truck.

TP Derrick D
10-28-2003, 09:36 PM
Terry, you can put me on the Full EBC install list as well. Now that you've given me more Go :tu: , I need better Whoa!!

Man, these stockers really suck :hammer:
Terry, I like the job you did with the EBC's, :tu: BUT IF THE TRUCK SET STILL FOR A WEEK OR TWO THE ROTORS WILL FORM A COAT OF RUST,do you know of or have anything that can be use to keep the rotors shiny and blinging? :confused: Is the stuff you have for the inside of the exhaust tips something that could be used on the rotors?

L8 APEX
10-28-2003, 10:00 PM
Any rotor will rust if left for a while with access to moisture. When I wash my truck the brakes rust a little in the 45 minutes it sets before I drive again. My vette brakes are very rusted from a month of not driving it. The only thing that will rust and not clean up with drving is the slots and grooves. There is is no coating to keep the swept area from rusting and not adversely affect braking. Walk through some car lots and you will see mucho rusted new brakes. Thanks for sending your buddy to see me:beer: . I forgot to tell him his inspection sticker was expired.

cpeapea
10-28-2003, 11:11 PM
Bassani cats are catco cats. Pure crap if you ask me. I had one on my honda and it fell apart. I bought my L with the full bassanit exhaust and the cats have a nice rattle to them. So ill be hitting you up for some cats in the future.

By the way i saw you at ennis friday and met ccp. I was gonna walk up and introduce my self but my buddy was having problems with his supercharged Si, and all his crap was in my truck.
nice to meet you, hopefully ill see you out there again on a sat

TP Derrick D
10-28-2003, 11:12 PM
Any rotor will rust if left for a while with access to moisture. When I wash my truck the brakes rust a little in the 45 minutes it sets before I drive again. My vette brakes are very rusted from a month of not driving it. The only thing that will rust and not clean up with drving is the slots and grooves. There is is no coating to keep the swept area from rusting and not adversely affect braking. Walk through some car lots and you will see mucho rusted new brakes. Thanks for sending your buddy to see me:beer: . I forgot to tell him his inspection sticker was expired.
No promlem, :) I told you once I find someone I like ,thats the person who will get my biz & recommendations. I'll tell him his reg. is out. I'm working on him trying to get him to do something with his truck at an event. Maybe he'll come to Hallsville in Dec. By the way the Stang engine is in its final assembly stages, the intake is being ported. :nana2 After this I'll be ready to get a mod or 2 to the "TOY TRUCK"

L8 APEX
10-28-2003, 11:21 PM
No promlem, :) I told you once I find someone I like ,thats the person who will get my biz & recommendations. I'll tell him his reg. is out. I'm working on him trying to get him to do something with his truck at an event. Maybe he'll come to Hallsville in Dec. By the way the Stang engine is in its final assembly stages, the intake is being ported. :nana2 After this I'll be ready to get a mod or 2 to the "TOY TRUCK"That is cool, also his truck has a 4# pulley on it and whoever traded it in removed the chip but left the duct tape on it.

redlight02
10-28-2003, 11:33 PM
So, other than make a little more noise what good are these cats for? The truck still puts a smile on my face eerytime I drive it now and barking the tires when it hits third is so nice.

PoorSvtman
10-28-2003, 11:50 PM
nice to meet you, hopefully ill see you out there again on a sat

I knew i spelled you screenname wrong. LoL. But it was good meeting you as well.

:beer: